World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after having a very busy week in work went in this morn and said to ragworm ray lets shoot off for an hr on the bass n mullet ,so set off at half 4 to a local spot ,started fishing with free lined worm and was having bites straight away but no real takers then after about 40 minutes ragworm picked up a bass about 1lb n half ,then as it was starting to get light we switched to the spinner had a few small hits and i managed to pick up a schoolie then after about 10 mins hit into something that we didnt even see for the first 15 mins but when we did get it to the net it was by best thin lip mullet and best on a spinner at smack on 5 lb after that it seem to go dead i think the fight had spooked all the other mullet so all in all a nice quick sesh before going back to work ,tightlines foreshore

Attachments

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
nice fish mate. Where is that mark?
I would say somewhere in Cardiff Bay near the assembly building maybe? Lovely fish especially on a spinner would have been even better on a fly!:yeah:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Lovely comfortable looking mark.

Nice session that - a bit different too.

Well done on the Mullet !!

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
I know i've already said it, but,, WELL DONE MUCCA!!!!:yahoo:

and what Andrew hasn't told you is:-

WELSH RECORD.

MULLET, Thin-lipped grey (Liza Ramada)
B. VACANT
S. 2-10-02 OCT 1995 Llangennech M THORNTON SWANSEA

And he's beaten it by more than 2lb,, fekkin amazing bud', Marc..:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
wow andy, great mullet m8, a very well done too you m8 get it in the mags dude tight`uns

·
Registered
988 Posts
wow andy, great mullet m8, a very well done too you m8 get it in the mags dude tight`uns
You might want to sort out the date stamp in the picture, as it is over a year out!!! :nerd:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Well done Andrew - cracking fish! :clap3:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
well after having a very busy week in work went in this morn and said to ragworm ray lets shoot off for an hr on the bass n mullet ,so set off at half 4 to a local spot ,started fishing with free lined worm and was having bites straight away but no real takers then after about 40 minutes ragworm picked up a bass about 1lb n half ,then as it was starting to get light we switched to the spinner had a few small hits and i managed to pick up a schoolie then after about 10 mins hit into something that we didnt even see for the first 15 mins but when we did get it to the net it was by best thin lip mullet and best on a spinner at smack on 5 lb after that it seem to go dead i think the fight had spooked all the other mullet so all in all a nice quick sesh before going back to work ,tightlines foreshore
well done mate ive fished that mark lol for years and have had mullet to 7lb there but not thin lipped all thick that is an absolute monster thin lip

·
TEAM BANTER
527 Posts
Nice morning for Andy, 2nd Bass for me this week out of there. Lucky i took a pick on my phone with todays date on.

Nice fight too!
All 3 fish returned.
Happy Fishing Everyone

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Cracking report and pic, well done andrew and ray :clap2:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Nice morning for Andy, 2nd Bass for me this week out of there. Lucky i took a pick on my phone with todays date on.

Nice fight too!
All 3 fish returned.
Happy Fishing Everyone
:idea: Good thinking Ray,, :thumbs: Marc..:punk:

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Nice fight too!
All 3 fish returned.
Happy Fishing Everyone
cheers rag thanks for that pic ,you know what im like with my camera ,it was one hell of a fight and a big thanks to you for netting it cheers ,andy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts