World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, went to the admiralty today, planned to go onto bthe breakwater but the extreme wind put an end to that:schmoll:

got on the pier around 10to 8 and the first 25 pegs were booked for a 'match' (i use the term very loosly)........ so we settled on the first bend. we were the only people on the pier at this stage. we set up and my dad was to my far left, then ,yy uncle then my cousin then myself. i fished just on the section where the wall raises up slightly.

my dad and uncle had a few dabs straight away on commons and my uncle pulled in a little plaice:
beautiful colours on it.

had a few dabs and a dog on yellowtails then one of our 'foreign friends' decided to fish on my right hand shoulder... luckily the pier marshal was walking past and i asked if the 'club match' were using the turret, luckily they weren't so i legged it up there with my cousin. a bold move cos he hates losing rigs and we didnt lose one all day :) we were straight into baby codling:

and a dog every now and again: (they keep us fishing) :notworthy

the tide run wasnt too extreeme and we caught all through it, the fishing didnt really die off at all, and we fished down to Low Water...... last cast i had a big mumma edible crab.... hopefully the frost/snow will send them out again.

not a bad day to be honest, shame couldnt get anything of a decent size out.

G

·
good report and pic's mate.dont look too rough there dan,was it another great move by the harbour board to call the breakwater off for nothing?.....dave.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fair play to em, it was calm first thing, but the sea was lumpy. as it got to around 2 it was blowing big time, right in our faces, and there is no protection on that turret either, it was a case of sitting as low as possible and punching out the casts!! the marshall says 90mph winds are due later, and but the way it was getting up i can believe that!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
na when i looked on bbc weather last night it said force 7. but i live in hope!!! lol! did you hear shane and deano had 3rays last night.?? (totally off topic!)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello Mate

I was chatting to your Dad and Uncle- they were fishing near us and moved towards you as we were packing up.
I'll post a report now.

Some match that lot!

Andy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hello andy,

yeah my dad said he spoke to you guys. shame the breakwater was closed, but the widn did get up. its small world sometimes!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I fished the AD on Saturday just before the bend. Managed to get a reasonable sized plaice, but all in it was not the best day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
hello andy,

yeah my dad said he spoke to you guys. shame the breakwater was closed, but the widn did get up. its small world sometimes!!!
Yes it is. I saw you guys fishing at the end and was envious of the spot you found. I figured that you weren't part of the 'match'!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts