World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had an early start this morning, got up at half 5 and drove to the dumphead straight away to ensure i was first person on the first boat and would get my desired peg 213.
took a bread bag along as i wanted to try an get my mullet wings.
bait used was rag sandeel mackeral and crab. as soon as i got onto the wall it became apparent that there were large numbers of mackeral present with several shoals working the surface chasing whitebait both on the inside and outside wall.
i set up the breadbag and mullet rod straight away and soon had a stream of bread bits drifting down tide. whilst waiting for the mullet to become attracted i set up my bass rods with various baits and rigs.
first bite resulted in a scad down the wall, then several mackeral on sandeel drifted along the wall. all of a sudden the mullet reel screamed and i was in! ive heard that its a good idea to try and guide a hooked mullet away from your bread bag but today with my two rods in the water and several other anglers fishing along side me this was impossible, when the fish eventually surfaced it looked a good fish with a slightly larger one following it around. about 10 minutes of rod bending passsed before onthe third attempt i managed to guide it into the net. was well chuffed with my first mullet at somewhere between 3 and 3 1/2 pounds.
scad continued to show on the booms a positive bite =2 1/2 pound bass
more scad then throughout the day 2 more bass of a similar size all were returned.
all in all a good days fishing, i tried crab outside for a hound and rag on the inside for a plaice but it wasnt to be i only picked up pout.
overall 3 bass and 1 mullet = 1 happy wolfgang:)

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
a good days fishing then!! we're out there friday night, might give that a go during the lighter hours, what side of the tide was that?

Hugh

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
nice result now wonder you were happy lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts