World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the wall again today. Awesome....
Couldn't get anywhere near the knuckle cos of 2 comps but struck lucky.
Had 8 starry smoothhounds, the best at 10lb 5oz, 2 bass and a codling (all about 2lb) plus the usual mass of dogs.
Probably about 30 smoothhounds caught in total. Most between 2 and 6 pounds.
Best days fishing for a long time!!!!!!!!

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fished peg 77 on the outside. The fella on 13 had 7. The rest of the smuts were mainly between me and no. 1.
No plaice today, (or last sunday)
Had all bar 1 on crab (mainly frozen)!!!!

Greg

D

·
0 Posts
nice one greg,i must get down there soon.most likely in two week's time...dave.

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
i hope the weather stays good for tuesday then !! my club has booked the breakwater for the day, looks like i'll need to go crabbing again at this rate !

what kind of distance are you chucking for the hounds ? or is it just a plop over the edge ? i'd be greatful for any tips you'd care to share.
Hugh

C

·
0 Posts
Nice one Greg:clap3:. How about getting your smoothie on the Specimen List (it is stickied at the top of the forum)?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hugh,
Used long pennal snoods clipped up/over and lobbed it out as far as poss. Let it run round in the tide which ran hard all day. Used yellow nosed fixed wire gemini's (190 gm).
Did try a pulley rig and had a smut on that!
Best advise is use crab. Fresh/frozen and I would guess my the amount they spewed out, hardbacks.

Good luck

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
excellent, thanks, went crabbing this morning and grabbed about 30 hardback velvets and a couple of softies, already cut them in half, deshelled the top, removed the lungs and whipped em up ready for the hooks, now frozen down to keep fresh, got about 16 crab baits ready to go now ! plus a couple i've kept live, and another dozen in the freezer whole.

plus 70 fresh pumped lug (just dug em), 5 joeys, box of squid,and some hermits, only rag was unavailable, but i reckon i'll do ok with what i have ! plan on two rods out for hounds and a bass rod with whole squid close in,

might even have a bash with a float, any macky and gar showing ? is the float worth a go ?

cheers.

Hugh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts