World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Travelling to Deal at beginning of August for a few days fishing. Can anyone tell me if the breakwater is open for fishing.

Where do I pay to get on the breakwater. Fished it a few years ago and got everything on the boat. Is it still the same.

Any current info on species, tactics would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Dave, Popped in channel angling this morning and while in there asked this exact same question as I have not been fishing for a while. Apparently the Motor boat has been out the water for about four months now and should ( I say this Lightly) Be back in the water in a couple of weeks!! The best thing to do would be to phone Dover sea angling association on 01304 204722 and ask them for any info. Tight lines Stef.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Hi Dave, Popped in channel angling this morning and while in there asked this exact same question as I have not been fishing for a while. Apparently the Motor boat has been out the water for about four months now and should ( I say this Lightly) Be back in the water in a couple of weeks!! The best thing to do would be to phone Dover sea angling association on 01304 204722 and ask them for any info. Tight lines Stef.

My friend spoke to Alan Edgerington today and the boat will be ready in 10 days time! Official!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
prob have been quicker and cheaper to join the addy to the breakwater by cable car.lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your advice. If the breakwater is not viable due to boat out of action where else could I go. Looking for a venue where i will have a chance of catching something. Staying in Deal. Have fished Deal Pier, Walmer, beach opposite golf course and Samphire Hoe previously. Will keep fingers crossed that boat will be ready. Had a cracking session when i fished breakwater about 7 years ago.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tight lines Dave

·
Registered
72 Posts
i was told that my a friend was out on the breakwater this week, though i had already read this post i said yeah right!! he said he caught bugga all as well.....

cant wait to get out there again for the chance of a monster!

D

·
0 Posts
shore fishing down that way during the day this time of year is usually rubbish.best bet is always the breakwater.

samphire hoe i think will be your best bet if the weather and tides are right.

or fish during the night mate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave Oldman

Thanks for that. Travelling down on the Friday morning and will probably fish Deal pier into Friday evening.

Was going to fish the breakwater on Saturday and then Samphire on Sunday.

Will ring Dover Angling Club the week before and see if the breakwater is open.

If not will vary plans.

Any advice on baits to use in your neck of the woods

Tight Lines

DaveL

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Samphire Hoe...float fish rag or mackerel strips for wrasse, pollock (rare), mackerel and gars. Outside chance of a bass.

Small worm baits down the wall for wrasse. Big Mackerel baits for a bass. Take some feathers and lures as well.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Samphire Hoe...float fish rag or mackerel strips for wrasse, pollock (rare), mackerel and gars. Outside chance of a bass.

Small worm baits down the wall for wrasse. Big Mackerel baits for a bass. Take some feathers and lures as well.
And dont play with the Adders:doh:

D

·
0 Posts
Dave Oldman

Thanks for that. Travelling down on the Friday morning and will probably fish Deal pier into Friday evening.

DaveL
good luck mate,hope u get something.

i've lost the bug for fishing at the moment,but if the breakwater opens up soon i'll start to go again.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Keep an eye on the local fart's dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
i'll soon find out when it's running again mate!

got a load of wednesdays off next month so it would be handy if they did get that bloody boat back in the water.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I have no idea when the boat will be fixed but have just read the fishing report that appears in the folkestone paper- it refers to the boat being out of the water indefinately.
As its been over 4 months so far- they doesnt seem to be in any hurry.
http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/sport/Nathan-lands-Penn-Legue-title/article-2463943-detail/article.html
DaveA
We were going to come down for this one Dave, but not now its on the POW. Id sooner go to work :bangin:, maybe the boat will be ready for the comp on the 18th......

Also well done to Nathan for winning the PENN Final, he's a really nice bloke and a top young angler!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i spoke to dover boat co. yesterday and was told the long awaited windows will be with them today or tomorrow then the electrics have got to go back and its got to have an inspection its going to take about a week, i said we were aiming to get on there on the 15th and he said yes i will be able to go out then. really looking forward to it :fishing1::boat::yahoo:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts