World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my dad who is partly disabled to POW yesterday as you can drive right to the end if you have a disabled badge.
Plenty of Mackeral showing, in fact the water was boiling on occasions with them chasing the whitebait.
Managed a few for the table along with some herrings from down the wall, was the fist time I have ever had herring on rod and line.
Also managed a small bass to add to the fish fest, taken on yellow tail and squid cocktail.
The old fella didn't catch, but was glad to get out for the day despite the soaking.
Tight lines lads (and lasses)

Bloater

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you have a disabled badge how do you get access onto the pier? do you just drive upto the gate? as im partly disabled an never knew you could do this, an this would be a great help for me with fishing

·
Registered
456 Posts
if you have a disabled badge how do you get access onto the pier? do you just drive upto the gate? as im partly disabled an never knew you could do this, an this would be a great help for me with fishing
Drive up to the barriers and directly on your right is a metal post, press the button and tell them your disabled and show your badge. You might get asked a couple of questions depends who's on? i sometimes do, and then he'll open the gate.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Drive up to the barriers and directly on your right is a metal post, press the button and tell them your disabled and show your badge. You might get asked a couple of questions depends who's on? i sometimes do, and then he'll open the gate.
Hi! Thanks dangly bits i have a friend who loves fishing but because he
is disabled his choice is limited, i'll let him know. Fished the pow a few times in the past seen some nice fish caught. Lots of small species too . word

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi! Thanks dangly bits i have a friend who loves fishing but because he
is disabled his choice is limited, i'll let him know. Fished the pow a few times in the past seen some nice fish caught. Lots of small species too . word
We were forever at Deal pier, but thats a long walk with all your stuff?

myself and tom the tank find POW so much better! as your able to fish straight out of the car, so much so that we havent been down to deal pier since feb. Just wish they had toilets halfway down the pier instead of all the way at the end.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just don't forget the disabled card or they won't let you on without it.

For the herrings, drop a set of micro hokkis or the tiny feathers down the wall and jig just off the bottom. The guy next to me said he and his lad had around 80 last week (they were certainly pulling them out while we were there) also had about 6 or more mackeral as a by catch while trying for the Herrings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts