World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Skip made the call Friday night that our Sunday trip would be off in order that we could all make alternative arrangements, which was very considerate. Had places on Saturday however and just 2 of the 10 of us went to join another 3, so bucket loads of space. Bad news was that 2pm the forecast came over and had changed bringing the high pressure in more for Sunday and we could have gone on a nicer day. We had SW's about 4-5 but as wind was in the same direction as the tide it wasn't too uncomfortable on the cat.

Got out about 4 or 5 miles off Kingsdown way intending to target the skate. Unfortunately the doggies kept getting in the way and the wind was keeping the tide running too much for ideal conditions. Only got 1 onboard about 6lb and decided to move in and have a play with the codling that were coming in on another Dover boat, but generally everything came in too small. We did have a Bass around the 2lb mark and 1 codling about the same. Plenty of bites but all small stuff.

Looking forward to clearer waters, going back on the drift and lighter leads once again, not far away now - bring on summer

Andy

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Alright Andy

Shame we (Dave, Mark and me) didn't come out with you guys. Got a bit messed up for us as the trip got called off for Sunday and with other plans for saturday we decided to go fishing at Warden Bay on Sheppey instead. Not a sausage, not even a bite. First blank in many years.

Looking forward to the next trip in April, the date escapes me at this time, when hopefully we will be well into spring and the summer species. After a nice bass this year so fingers crossed will get one in the Channel.

Tony

G

·
good report andy.

same as you mate can't wait for the summer drifting trip's out there.

and tone,what about that trip under the bridge last year when me,u and scorp ALL blanked!!:lmao: :lmao: ....dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts