World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi please can some one advise me on the best rigs for Dover Sole,as I plan to have a go and not quite sure Thanks All:clap3: :clap3:

D

·
0 Posts
use a 3 hook paternoster,about 5 foot long with all the hooks above the lead.space the snoods evenly along the trace body to cover a fair bit of ground.i use 20lb amnesia for the snoods and a size four nordic bend hook.these straighten out easily if the fish take the hook down and straighten up well too.some use them small metal booms to help keep the rig on the sea bed.hope this helps mate.....dave.

D

·
0 Posts
if your going to MCE i'd use rag worm and also maddies for the sole.that rig i told u about is the one i use at dungie,might be ok on the medway.maybe someone else has a better idea.hope u get a few....dave.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
use a 3 hook paternoster,about 5 foot long with all the hooks above the lead.space the snoods evenly along the trace body to cover a fair bit of ground.i use 20lb amnesia for the snoods and a size four nordic bend hook.these straighten out easily if the fish take the hook down and straighten up well too.some use them small metal booms to help keep the rig on the sea bed.hope this helps mate.....dave.
3 hooks above the weigh are ok but make sure your rod is LOW in the rest. All the hooks really do need to be on the bottom. Another good way to insure this is to have small lead shot on your snoods just above the hook to realy nail em down. Also casting slightlt up tide can insure this with a little slack line left.
Have a look at my blog and you may find 1 or 2 things to help you
Dave
http://iowsolepage.blogspot.com

D

·
0 Posts
3 hooks above the weigh are ok but make sure your rod is LOW in the rest. All the hooks really do need to be on the bottom. Another good way to insure this is to have small lead shot on your snoods just above the hook to realy nail em down. Also casting slightlt up tide can insure this with a little slack line left.
Have a look at my blog and you may find 1 or 2 things to help you
Dave
http://iowsolepage.blogspot.com
thats the way i do it mate but not with the lead shot.a mate of mine suggested it the other day so when i get down to dungie soon we'll give it a bash.i just hope they show this year as last year at dungie it was hopeless.....dave.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Fished dungie last night (see report) had a double shot of sole ona 1 up and 1 down rig with size 4 kasmans and maxima chaemeleon (excuse spelling) for snood. Biggest sole 2lb and the other sole 1lb

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Fished dungie last night (see report) had a double shot of sole ona 1 up and 1 down rig with size 4 kasmans and maxima chaemeleon (excuse spelling) for snood. Biggest sole 2lb and the other sole 1lb
Good report mate well done, never had a double shot myself.
Myself and a couple of mates went out last sunday. I blanked while the other `jammy` guys hauled in 6 between them.
The best being a 2lber and a 2lb5oz.
Report and pics here.
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68584

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I think the 1 up 1 down is the best one to choose!

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
I read your report solehunter, I was suprised to learn that soles only grow to a certain length and then get fatter.

D

·
0 Posts
well done jason,i'll be down there in a couple of weeks after them for definate.

smooth hound,i will give you a bell in a couple of weeks and we'll have a crack at them.....dave.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
dave I had about 50 fish in total most after dark. Most of the fish were pin whiting or small dabs

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
No sole then mate? Keep at it!
No no no I had 2 decent sole but the majority of fish were small pin whiting or small dabs. if it wasnt for the amount of small fish knicking the bait there could have been more sole caught.
You could also fish greys wharf using a 5ft flowing trace

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Finally found time to get out and have a bash tonight. Was thinking of hitting the Reculver stretch but tides are a bit small for the thornies, So will try for my favorite ( sole )

These small tides are ideal for the sole, just can't decide whether to hit the Medway or the Gravesend Sea school stretch.
Medway produces the better sizes and the Thames better numbers !!!

Have'nt been out since the Kent and Essex Dungi meet, so need to get out there.

Woll

1 - 17 of 17 Posts