World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dow Corning boys had an evening trip down the Nash with the Anchorman.liight winds forecasted an becoming alot drier so everything looked good but once again our Derek on the BBC got half of it wrong as all night we had to rock n roll to a stiff westerly wind. Anyway the tide was just on the turn as we dropped our baits and straight away we had a few congers. As night fell a few hounds appeared but it became colder and the wind seemed to pick up.Due to the conditions and the tide pulling hard we went inshore for the last few hours and the fishing was steady (for some), not me first 5 casts produced 3 10lb eels after that not a bite, thats fishing ! Then a few welcome Tope appeared with D.I.Leigh picking up the biggest of 23lb which was to be the heaviest of the night. Matty the dude caught everything with a 20lb Tope and just pipped for the heaviest by a lb with his 22lb eel.He also had 6 species which puts him top of the league.Vince normally wins but 20 cans of strongbow may have affected him.Altogether 3 Tope 10 Hounds,22 Eels,3 Huss,2 Thornies and half a dozen Doggies.Good banter on the boat with the boys just a shame I can't pick the weather.Beach comp. on Tuesday down Aberthaw. All the best

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi John

Good report from as ever .
As for the wind picking up I always check out the met office / weather /marine / inshorewaters forecast . When you check out other web sites they seem to be good for inland forecasts . By checking the met office inshorewaters wind forecast it will often give you a more accurate report on what is going to happen at sea .

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers fella, I look at met check and BBC and listen to what the skipper has to say. Sometimes the weather will do whatever. Got your friendship request which is nice but I'm racking my brains who you are. R u in our club. John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts