World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a new mark to me up near the Downies. Wind was very strong from S-SW, the water was nicely coloured with a slight lift on the sea. Fished from 3.30 to around 8ish - landed a total of 8 fish with only one being undersized. I knew nothing of the mark so it was complete chuck it and chance it. It was one of the worst places on earth to get to and even worse on the way back up.

Fishing was instant but uncomfortable - the rocks all sloped towards the water and were very slippy. At least for once it wasn't that cold which was a welcome change. Biggest fish was 8lb exactly and the total weight was 21lb for the seven that I kept - all in all a good night - finaly broke my run of blanks....................

Took a cpl of pics when i got home

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Is this Downies in Aberdeenshire, or another one?

Well done on your catch - what was the magic bait?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After fishing at Downies I drove down to Gourdon - there were 5 guys fishing and only one fish between them. I was going to give it an hour or two but thought better of it and headed home.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ever go back in time and read your old success stories?? After picking up some bait and talking fishing, I'm getting back the motivation.

It's been about 10 years since I cast a winter bait - a run that will end by November!

I don't forget some of the climbs including this one at Downies....it about finished me off.

Fingers crossed for a decent winter...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Welcome back, and good luck for the cod season, some nice fish you got back then :BigGrin:

Cheers Al.

Reactions: Craig_D

·
Registered
338 Posts
fished downies loads in my younger days was good fun but what a treck, Well done. Most marks around that area will produce in right conditions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts