World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drain Shovel post spade or pump
After the other night I am wondering if the pump is the best tool for lug as the chap i was fishing with dug more successful suey blow lug with a spade than i managed with a slimline alvery bait pump???
Is the bait pump a successful device or a tool that's caught fisherman rather than practical tool for the Job.
Wached a few videos with the pump then had a go with the shovel.
More success with shovel once I was shown how to dig for them??

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
if you are after blow lug then use a spade or fork and not a pump but if you are after blacks then i think a pump is much better and less effort is needed

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Rarely used a pump but seen people use them next to me when I was digging black lug.

I was shown how to dig them 40 years ago on Blackpool south shore. Special shovel required.

I can't pump them, tried it but it don't work for me, zilch or damaged, blown worm every time, I can get them by digging and without them blowing can get them under water in a bucket whole and ready to explode thier juices when I cast them out.

Digging for me every time, hard work granted but a prime bait, bait collecting was always the hard work, fishing was easy.

What do I know anyway

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yeh! Special spade for digging Gullies on dryish sand but at waters edge a pump is needed and at the waters edge the worm casts have just shown and the Worms tend to be not too deep.

Some People are brilliant with the Spade and like Spanner says it is a better means of getting them tho I found this to be so only on the drier sand.
KB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts