World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.I have been fishing for some years now and know that easterly winds are no friend of us anglers.Does anybody know exactly why when the east wind does blow pretty much b";:*r all will show?I know with angling it is often hard to pin variables down to a science.Any input much appreciated.Always the optomist I will be doing my best at high tide tonight on a new mark I just cased out near Hastings.Thanx

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Lack of easterlys has been one of the reasons we've had such a poor winter season.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
the majority of kent fishes s**t when it's easterly. i think it's down to the atmospheric pressure, not 100% sure though.

in some places the big surf it gives can bring or hold the fish in. if the winds the other way then the water tends to clear out too much. we just can't win.

D

·
0 Posts
the majority of kent fishes s**t when it's easterly. i think it's down to the atmospheric pressure, not 100% sure though.

in some places the big surf it gives can bring or hold the fish in. if the winds the other way then the water tends to clear out too much. we just can't win.
i was talking to an old fella down tenth green a few years ago whilst digging and he told me to try it there during an east wind in the summer using yellows for bait.he reckon's it's good for bass in those conditions.haven't got round to trying it yet but when i did go there in an east blow the winter b4 last it was unfishable due to weed...dave.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
We've been waiting for some decent easterlies around here all winter, hardly a blow all year to really get things stirred up. This time of year, with the codling fading fast, they seem to bring the bass on. Just typical I'm stuck in the office at the moment rather than on the beach doing my bit to rid the world of crabs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts