World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some debate the lads and i went to saundersfoot and gave tenby a miss... BIG MISTAKE.... the fish must have had some inside information, as they must have gone to tenby!!!!!!!!!!!!.

except for this very small doggie chris hooked and so proudly showed off up and down the row of truly pi..ed off rod slingers not a single fish was had. we packed up scrached our heads and got in the car, not to waste time from the wives we headed to a mark that had been passed on to me (a lot of you lads may know it... )but for the ones like myself thats really new to it all (and any help and information we get must benefit us to a point)

Stackpole what a fantastic place very deep water the access to the rocks is safe with care (as awlays) two coves and the veiws are out of this world may only be a summer venu but i love it didnt catch anything but had a knock that really frightend me will be going back again deffo......

Cold knap this week (Friday) hows it fishing?

regards Russ ;)

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
No wonder you drew a blank at Saundersfoot, fishing the noon tide! :blink:
You need to hit that area on BIG tides that peak 2/3 hrs after darkness (like this weekend 13/11/04) ;)
I'll be there fishing the last 2hrs of the flood & the first 2hrs of the ebb in the "Saundersfoot Area" ;)
I bet I get whiting & dabs, I may get some fresh razor if I can get myself down there at low water, they are certainly the No1 bait there if you can get them ;)
Will post a report on Monday :D

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
SAUNDERSFOOT AND RAZOR, YES A VERY GOOD COMBINATION, I ALWAYS USE RAZOR THERE. WHEN THE BASS ABOUT THEY GO CRAZY FOR IT'......

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I fish saundersfoot for 75% of the time always seem to do well off there:
The last few trips we have had plenty of small to medium sized whiting, Small flounders and dabs with the occasional bigger 1. The usual doggies and ocassional codling and huss, mate had one in Easter that went 10lb 12oz which was returned alive. Always seem to do well on 7 metre tides last 2 of the flood and 2 of the ebb using tiny size 4 hook rag and mackerel. Every time i fish there i make sure that I am fishing in the dark. i still usually catch on neaps off the beach as long as it is dark last saturday was very slow.

I

·
0 Posts
hi as a mark saundersfoot fits the bill you have the harbour where i park up and stay and fish in my motorhome the little beach where personaly i never catch even though it screams bass and i have fished the mark off to your right side of the harbour [a very long walk]up the beach low water a must up to the little island and wait for the tide come in and surround you have you had much luck there?summer\winter?cos you ask that guy in the tackle shop and he will tell you anything you want to know as long as you buy from him.tells a few porkys he does.as a rule ask a fellow angler like yourself on the beach and you won't go wrong tight lines andy iwantacod...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
saundersfoot has to be fished on the biggest tides i only fish the horse shoe at high tide you will get most species there at the usual times of the year use the smallest hooks and baits that you can get away with fish only in the evening high waters. 5:00 onwards if it is dark it is better give it a month and there will be a lot of fish there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a big thanks for all the advice and information truly greatful, stackpole is about 1-2 miles west from freshwater first turn on the right, the car park is quite large follow steps to the right of the WC .....................ENJOY

Russ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts