World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Daz's advice and headed for Dronsfield Rd far last night's high tide, and it was a bit windy to say the least. It was touch and go waether to try fishing or to bugger off home. Sat in the car for an hour listening to the football waiting for the tide to come in a bit, then decided to head down with the gear.It was blowing a propper hoolie and I knew it was going to be a struggle. I had to put the tripod sideways to the sea and low to the ground just to stop it blowing away!!
Manadged to get a cast in but there was no way would I be able to tell a bite.
I reeled in a couple of times to check the bait and manadged a small codling. (pic 1) It was about an hour before high tide and was getting unfishable, just as five others turned up. They weren't all together ( 2+2+1, anyone off here?). Five minuites after they turned up I had the beach to myself again. It was no use trying to fish though, a long tailed 7oz lead was just being thrown back on to the beach.
It was decision time, I had top quality bait (fleetwood dave) and the surf was screaming fish but would it be fishable on the ebb? I needed the wind to drop or i'd no chance. I though what the hell, I'm here now, so I sat and waited for an hour and waited for the tide to turn.
Luck was in, as the tide turned the wind dropped just enough to fish and I was holding bottom.
I was in to a fish straight away, another little codling (pic 2), but I was missing bites for fun. Manadged to hit another couple of small ones over the next hour (pics 3 & 4)before finaly getting the bite I was waiting for. The rod arched right over before springing back up leaving slack line, proper cod bite. Success!! A nice cod (imo)(pic 5) on a night when five others tried and failed. I missed another bite on the next cast but decided to call it a night and went home smiling.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
good on you jason:clap3: :clap3:

nice report and pics matey it was a choice to either send you there for the chance of codlin or fairhaven for dabs and flounder :g: :g:

glad you caught your proper hardcore matey:notworthy :notworthy

tightlines........................daz

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well done mate....u deserved bigger coddies for fishing in that!!! I was gonna be stupid and try fish sunday nyt but common sense got the better of me!!
well done again!!

Paul.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Chorley you got mail.
Check your PM'S mate.
GeorgeM.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Chorley boy......... that shows commitment to fishing above and beyond etc.....
Well done and a good report too.
One day I'm gonna have a report with pics of fish on it!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts