World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived on the Clash site Friday tea time in the middle of a monsoon!!things were looking a bit iffy for fishing the next day. Had to console myself with loads of wine and beer

Sat morning did the husbandly thing and took wor lass into Stanraer for a bit shopping. I am sure she must half bought just about every plant in the garden centre. One thing is for sure if you ever come looking for my caravan on the site there is no way you can miss it!!!

Left Dorothy and her sister sorting out pots and plants and drove to a hw bass mark in the Ardwell area.The conditions looked perfect and I was feeling quite optomistic. We had a cup final party planned back in the van so that left me about 1.5 hours to get my first bass of the season.Put on my favourite Youzori Aile Magnet popper and set away.

There was a load of gannets and terns divebombing sandeels a short way out and I must admit they were taking my attention as I "popped" away.Got snapped out my trance by a bloody gull trying to pick up my popper,the swine. Anyway gave the place a good going over and never rose one fish.

This morning tried a lw bass mark just a bit north of Drummore. Again the conditions looked perfect and I thought I just had to raise a fish. After about an hour or so of working a favourite stretch of the shore the gannets and terns were again starting to get my attention.That is when my popper took one almighty take. Unfortunately I did not hook it but all I can say was that it was not a small fish. Fished on for another hour or so but had no more takes :blink: Decided to call it a day and head back for breakfast.

It was then time for another "family thing" and a stroll around Drummore(camera in hand)Took a couple of shots on the site first. Martin has had a fishing cabinet built in the bar stocked with a few basic items.Here it is

Took a photo of two the rental vans to give you some idea of what they are like!

Had a walk along Shore Street and bumped into this handsome galloping gourmet!

Next it was into the local armoury for a quick coffee

On the way back to the van took a shot of the harbour

When we got back to the van the girls once again got their gardening heads on so I sloped off once more with my popping gear. Started off right in front of the caravan park this time and worked my way slowly to the north.Again I had high expectations and the conditions were perfect. Fished around as far as the goatfield with not one take. This part of the shore does look "bassy" and I know it will come up trumps one day.

Packed up the car set away for home just as Ian was bringing his boats in so stopped for a bit crack.I must say his tractor drivers are getting more attractive!!

Never got the full details but some tope and a bull huss had been caught. I love this shot of Mally looking miffed

Well the fish did not show for me but back over in two weeks for another attempt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Excellent report and pictures Snatcher, its one of my favourite parts of the country...love being over there! Maybe head over next weekend for a wee bit of fishing and the weekend after I'll be out on the boat in the bottom pic - can't wait!!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets have a beer in Clash one day then :) Yes Ian runs a good firm. The skippers give their all every trip. I am booked in with Ian for a tope fishing session Thurs 09 Aug. Just hope it is as good as last year. The good looking one is the tope by the way :)

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Lets have a beer in Clash one day then :) Yes Ian runs a good firm. The skippers give their all every trip. I am booked in with Ian for a tope fishing session Thurs 09 Aug. Just hope it is as good as last year. The good looking one is the tope by the way :)
Nice fish, my best is 30lb from Onyermarks Too last summer (probably my best days fishing EVER!) would be nice to do battle with one slightly bigger this summer - say double the size or so ;) I'm out on the 19th of August and a few other dates throughout the summer...can't wait :D

Best of luck with your next trip, hope you get your first bass of the season! :fish:

·
Registered
372 Posts

I'm up there that week snatcher, staying in one of the Chalets at Ardwell. I'll be bringing my plugs up again this year;)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our Lads week starts 04 Aug Davy.Will have a couple of bass sessions with you if you fancy it.You have a couple of great hw bass marks on your doorstep. Will also show you a couple of lw marks and an all states of the tide mark.

Does that sound like a plan???

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
was that clashwhannon carvan park looks ok not too far for a walk fishing we're going there in july but takin the luxury caravan

gonna take a few rods
g5
penn outasite
x2 bass rods

oh yeah and wife n kid
n me mum
n dog

cant bloody wait

·
Registered
372 Posts
Our Lads week starts 04 Aug Davy.Will have a couple of bass sessions with you if you fancy it.You have a couple of great hw bass marks on your doorstep. Will also show you a couple of lw marks and an all states of the tide mark.

Does that sound like a plan???
Sounds like a plan to me - will be in touch nearer the date:)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
nice read there john , good to know yer warmin up them spiky silver things for me ;) ;) i,ll be down on the 2nd , an i,ll pop in for a sherbet on the sat night , but i,ll need to spread myself a bit thin got a date with a big long sleek girl ;) ;) :clap2: :clap2: on sat night

·
Registered
724 Posts
Whats the state of play with the Ship. I've managed to skive a week off Fri 29th, June
all being well on the M6 up from L'pool I should make the Clash about 10:30.

The only Bass I've had here so far have been on peeler

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The crack is the ship will be open this weekend coming John :) Yes I did take a good hit on the popper yesterday morning so they are starting to make an appearance. Will pm you the mark. See you shortly I hope.

Yes those two vans were on the Clash site,both rentable vans :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts