World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to this so bare with me

Im off to Dubai last week of May and wondered if any had any info on fishing trips out there?
I’ve heard that the fishing isn’t great during the summer months but wanted to know if anyone had any experience?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Unfortunately the fishing in Dubai isn't that good I'm afraid, particularly in the summer. I have done a lot of shore fishing over the years but I've only been once since the turn of the year because it has been very slow. You need a licence issued by the Municipality and the places you can fish off the shore are quite limited.

If you are keen on getting out there is a charter company in Dubai called Happy Days who mainly bottom fish but they take individual bookings and are reasonably priced. They will put you on fish such as sharry etc. Contact number is +971 50 818 6307.

There are other companies offering 'charters' from Dubai but most of them will be bottom fishing or trolling for 'cuda and the odd hammour. You'll be better off saving your money for a beer, it's only 8 to 10 quid a pint here :cry:

It may be worth you dropping into the Barracuda or Bluewaters Marine tackle shops located on Sheikh Zayed Road for some advice.

Soolyman Sportfishing operate out of Fujairah on the East coast and are a very good outfit. Unfortunately there was an incident involving the sabotage of four tankers anchored off there on Sunday so relations between the GCC / US and Iran are currently more fraught than normal :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Interesting post, saw one of the "Hooked in Africa" programs last about the UAE, catching mahi etc around moored storage tankers and was wondering about it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Interesting post, saw one of the "Hooked in Africa" programs last about the UAE, catching mahi etc around moored storage tankers and was wondering about it?
That's from Fujairah on the East coast. If the water is blue there can be lots of mahi around the tankers. Also yft, longtails, sailfish, rainbow runner depending on the season. Marlin are occasionally caught too.

There are no mahi off the West coast in the Gulf here in Dubai.

·
Registered
20,247 Posts
Unfortunately the fishing in Dubai isn't that good I'm afraid, particularly in the summer. I have done a lot of shore fishing over the years but I've only been once since the turn of the year because it has been very slow. You need a licence issued by the Municipality and the places you can fish off the shore are quite limited.

If you are keen on getting out there is a charter company in Dubai called Happy Days who mainly bottom fish but they take individual bookings and are reasonably priced. They will put you on fish such as sharry etc. Contact number is +971 50 818 6307.

There are other companies offering 'charters' from Dubai but most of them will be bottom fishing or trolling for 'cuda and the odd hammour. You'll be better off saving your money for a beer, it's only 8 to 10 quid a pint here :cry:

It may be worth you dropping into the Barracuda or Bluewaters Marine tackle shops located on Sheikh Zayed Road for some advice.

Soolyman Sportfishing operate out of Fujairah on the East coast and are a very good outfit. Unfortunately there was an incident involving the sabotage of four tankers anchored off there on Sunday so relations between the GCC / US and Iran are currently more fraught than normal :rolleyes:
:( I expect there will be an exclusion zone around the tankers now, shoot on sight if you enter it. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts