World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
can anyone tell me what i can use to bring back the shine on my strikeliner the blue hull is faded with the sun.
thanks
andy

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Farecla G3 on a sponge mop fitted to a power polisher, followed by G10 to give it mirror gloss. Mist it regularly with water from a squirty bottle.

Hard work and cost you £80 plus for the power polisher, don't use a grinder fitted with a mop, it's rpm is way too fast and will burn the gell coat.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Hard work and cost you £80 plus for the power polisher, don't use a grinder fitted with a mop, it's rpm is way too fast and will burn the gell coat.
Use a proper polisher that looks like a grinder, not those silly two-handle jobs. I hired one for £25/weekend, but ended up buying one off eBay for less than £50 and it is fine. It is well worth it, I have to do my 23 footer topsides and hull every two years and it would be impossible without it.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Google "porter cable". Its a random orbit tool that car detailers(valeters) use.

Less likely to burn through the gel coat using a random orbit compared to a rotary....like an angle grinder.

Only drawback with Porter Cable is it'll need a transformer...there are others on the market now...Meguiars 220 etc that are designed for the British market

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts