World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a newbie to shore fishing and would appreciate any information on good marks in Dumfries and Galloway that would suit a novice! Many thanks, Jim

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Jimmy,

Where abouts are you? Heres a mark to get you started......Port William harbour , best to fish it in an incoming tide into darkness. You should catch some of doggies and maybe the odd strap conger to mackerel/sandeel baits. You don't have to cast particularly far so this venue should suit you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rab, thanks for that mate and sorry for the delay in replying but I was away from the PC all last week after posting my message. I spend my time between Dumfries itself and Wakefield in England. I'll back up in Dumfries soon so will definately give Port William a try, I've got a motor so if you ever want a meet I can use all the help and advice a novice can get, cheers mate! Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jimmy,
Rascarrel seems a popular spot, only 30 mins from Dumfries, The tackle shop down the vennel in town should be able to give you more info.
Geoff

·
Registered
408 Posts
Terally bay, in Luce Bay, on the road to Drummore is always popular, also the rocks at the edge of the bay can produce a few fish. Mackerel are often just a few metres out. You could also try the rocks around the Mull of Galloway for pollock, the bay at Drummore for doggies and Mullet and the beach at Port Logan for Bass.
Let us know how you fare.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Jim,

I will be fishing the SW a fair bit this year so meeting up for a trip shouldn't be a problem. Just let me know when you fancy a trip and we can get something arranged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts