World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can anyone give me any info on fishing Dunbar? Looking for marks / bait and idea of species caught. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hi Blenny try Battery point at the harbour, you will see an old ruin at the back of the harbour wall, most folk fish from the rocks into the gulleys....word of warning though....its a very VERY!!! bad bottom, I fished this mark 2 weeks ago, it was blowing a hurrigale at the time I kept getting snagged up...lost a very big fish :mad: I think on calm conditions you should be in with a better chance of a fish or 2, waves and big swell didnt help me in matters.

I remember guys fishing from the back of the harbour at North Berwick last year, when I spoke to them they had caught a few small Codling, it looks a better bottom, some other members may be able to tell you about it.

Or there's allways Eyemouth, I tryed below the cannons, (again it was to rough)
so I moved further round to the left, went past the bay onto the rocky point and fished from the rocks, had some nice Codling from here, bait used was Lug/Cockle

waiting on better weather, so I can go back and try below the cannons,

·
Registered
408 Posts
It's very possible that the big fish you lost was a pollack, there are quite a few good specimens in this area. One area we fish regularly has several biggies, we've fished it on a catch and release basis for the past few years and have noticed the same two fish being caught each year with their weight increasing by over a kilo each year. a good advert for catch and release. Haven't fished the mark in the winter so I don't know if the fish are resident or just return to the same mark each year.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers gents

Might a sliding float be a good idea in the very rough areas? Am tempted to pop down that way on sunday if the weathers good. Will see what other tips turn up here before though – the more info the better!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would certainly give that a try. Use the biggest cigar type float you can find, one that will take a decent bit of weight which will not only help with casting but also sink the bait before the gulls get to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts