World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there has anyone,fished dunbar was up that way today and looked, a great spot

oh the guy on the rock is not me

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Ramcheck ,

Did you not talk to the guys in the second pics to find out if they had caught anything ?

Cheers Mark

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no never got a chance as wee fella was moaning he needed the toilet and hungry lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Ramcheck,

the photo's you took are about 200yd from my back door, so I know this area pretty well. Fishing has been slow over last couple of weeks, (scratching for coalies , rockling and occasional small codling) but will improve up as the weather picks up. I tend not to fish the spot in photo 2 as there are better areas nearby. A lot of the rock marks around here are really snaggy. Last summer I caught some nice pollack but used the large cigar floats after loosing one rig too many. You also need to be really careful as the swell on these rocks can be dangerous. At the moment you cannot fish the harbour mouth (photo 4) as the bridge has not been put back in since winter although I'm told it will be back in the next few weeks. In summer the harbour mouth gets pretty busy with holiday makers feathering makerel. If you fancy a session down at Dunbar send me a pm and I can put you onto some decent spots where you will catch a variety of species.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Ramcheck,

the photo's you took are about 200yd from my back door, so I know this area pretty well. Fishing has been slow over last couple of weeks, (scratching for coalies , rockling and occasional small codling) but will improve up as the weather picks up. I tend not to fish the spot in photo 2 as there are better areas nearby. A lot of the rock marks around here are really snaggy. Last summer I caught some nice pollack but used the large cigar floats after loosing one rig too many. You also need to be really careful as the swell on these rocks can be dangerous. At the moment you cannot fish the harbour mouth (photo 4) as the bridge has not been put back in since winter although I'm told it will be back in the next few weeks. In summer the harbour mouth gets pretty busy with holiday makers feathering makerel. If you fancy a session down at Dunbar send me a pm and I can put you onto some decent spots where you will catch a variety of species.
High mate I'm planning a trip to Dunbar if you could give me some spots for fishing bud it would be much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts