World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone knows where to dig ragworm around dundee? I know of plenty lug locations, but some rag would be nice.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
montrose basin might be your best bet or arbroath dont know where in arbroath thoe.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I used to get my rag @ Broughty Ferry in the main harbour under the castle @ low tide..From the rocks around was best.....
good one bruce :bangin:try robbies on the kingsway:punk:

·
Registered
170 Posts
hi guys

i know where to get alot of ragworms but if i telled everyone that i know they will swarm like flies to a **** heap and that will not be fair to future young anglers to come well all the best john

·
Registered
276 Posts
how do you learn or find bait beds if people keep them to them selves how does that help anyone young or old just called selfish were i come from why have forums and such if you dont want to share knowledge fished for years and passed my knowledge on to any keen angler ive meet along the way :wallbash:

·
Registered
99 Posts
im afraid there is that many guys fishing if every1 told every1 where you get great rag or lug then you wouldnt get them for much longer as you get some guys like big groups about these places and honestly wipe them out within weeks and then you have to find somewhere else its just the way of it, im sure if you met all these guys on a sesh that are leaving these posts and was short they would quite happily give you a handful of bait from each guy, i learned the hard way too mate but now that i am digging my own decent bait i know exactly where every1 is coming from! they will share 90 percent of knowledge which for me is more than enough and they have made me a fisherman instead of a numpty on a pier way a rod in hand, its not personel mate

cheers davy

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
im afraid there is that many guys fishing if every1 told every1 where you get great rag or lug then you wouldnt get them for much longer as you get some guys like big groups about these places and honestly wipe them out within weeks and then you have to find somewhere else its just the way of it, im sure if you met all these guys on a sesh that are leaving these posts and was short they would quite happily give you a handful of bait from each guy, i learned the hard way too mate but now that i am digging my own decent bait i know exactly where every1 is coming from! they will share 90 percent of knowledge which for me is more than enough and they have made me a fisherman instead of a numpty on a pier way a rod in hand, its not personel mate

cheers davy
bit of a myth really

ive dug rag at newburgh for over 20yrs before bus loads use to turn up and dig there even from newcastle just to dig rag.
some said that would kill the area and the beds.
it still produces good quality rag every time i dig.
and loads more than me dig there,Lug is our main problem thoe
you know where to get them but you keep it quiet,it also means a bit of travelling to get them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
just go down ure local beach an look for worm casts lug are easy to spot!rag on the other hand can be more difficult,take a fork an maybe find ure own stash an dnt tell any1 else lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
been digging rag in the same beds for thirty six year and never known a rag bed die of through digging but have seen runny down and lug feel the brunt of the fork . and the people who buy bait need a supply from somewhere catch 22 when people get on in later life cant dig bait but still like to fish they need the bait diggers and like myself on occasion have had to go to tackle shops for bait good dug worm is worth its weight than the farmed stuff . was looking on 1 forum on here someone looking to pair up on digging sessions see how many replies. he got a good few you will never stop diggers or kill the worm of they have been there for many many years just like use old sea dogs sharing is caring hope you have a good season anyway m8 like the old saying plenty more fish in the sea just where .happy hunting :wheelchai

·
Registered
557 Posts
hi guys

i know where to get alot of ragworms but if i telled everyone that i know they will swarm like flies to a **** heap and that will not be fair to future young anglers to come well all the best john
Why mention that you know some good locations only to tell everyone that you're keeping it to yourself?

·
Registered
170 Posts
hi mate

you do not get my piont if i told some one where to get ragworm in dundee then the tell some one else then you got a a sticky situation then they will dig the rag bed to pieces and that will not be fair to other anglers who want some for a fishing session i will give you a pionter well where i dig in burtisland they used to be a brillaint rag bed beside the swimming pool but when you get some silly person digging to hell at the rag bed then you got nothing for the rest of the year then that is not fair to other anglers who want just some rag for a sesh you see my piont well all the best john

1 - 17 of 17 Posts