World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Posted a minute ago about where to fish next Saturday day tide, after Dave Oldman's input (cheers Dave), i have decided to give good old Dungie a bash.

I have never fished at Dungie before, so just wondered what part you guys would advise to fish? Preferably a spot with limited snags and plenty of fish! Isnt there a huge tide run through there at high tide? Is the weed bad there at the minute? I will be fishing the tide up and down during the day.

Also, what baits would you suggest? What can i expect to catch there during the day? Much at all?

Sorry about all the questions, would just like to be prepared so all thoughts and past experiences (good and bad!) welcome.

Cheers guys, tight lines,

Will :fishing1:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi all,

Posted a minute ago about where to fish next Saturday day tide, after Dave Oldman's input (cheers Dave), i have decided to give good old Dungie a bash.

I have never fished at Dungie before, so just wondered what part you guys would advise to fish? Preferably a spot with limited snags and plenty of fish! Isnt there a huge tide run through there at high tide? Is the weed bad there at the minute? I will be fishing the tide up and down during the day.

Also, what baits would you suggest? What can i expect to catch there during the day? Much at all?

Sorry about all the questions, would just like to be prepared so all thoughts and past experiences (good and bad!) welcome.

Cheers guys, tight lines,

best spot behind the station this time of year best bait is fresh worm by miles

·
Registered
262 Posts
Behind the powerstation is productive, as is the beach by the new lighthouse at the end of the wooden causeway.

Black lug is the bait of choice this time of year although blow works pretty well also.

I also take fresh peeler and a fish bait to try to seek out bass/early codling.

Casting distance is important as at dungie, many people have poor results as they cast over the top of the fish.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I also take fresh peeler and a fish bait to try to seek out bass/early codling.

Casting distance is important as at dungie, many people have poor results as they cast over the top of the fish.
Behind the back of the powestation would be best, but during the daylight I wouldn't expect much, its much better at night. As for distance well at the point you want to cast far to reach the drop off and even behind the back of the powestation for the codling ( a bit early yet) you still want to cast far but for other species bass/sole you don't need to cast far.
Goodluck
Elliot

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Best part for me is Pumping quality worm ,then fishing somewere else ,lol ,well ive never done that good there ,mate used to get good sole years back,perhaps ill give it a go this winter if i can find a place to stand ,lol

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
low water and behind the power station for sole.

i'll be there next sunday evening if the weathers alright.
Agree with u Dave, can fish most of the way up sometimes too, lug on a short running ledger (can be clipped up if needed)

Caught sole at all distances there so keep an eye on ya neighbours n see if they're getting any and adjust ya tactics accordingly

Always a chance of a bass round there too

Good luck

G

·
Agree with u Dave, can fish most of the way up sometimes too, lug on a short running ledger (can be clipped up if needed)

Caught sole at all distances there so keep an eye on ya neighbours n see if they're getting any and adjust ya tactics accordingly

Always a chance of a bass round there too

Good luck
i'll have to try a short ledger on my bass rod down there next week,never used one for sole.

i like to use a 6 foot paternoster with all the hooks above the weight.short snoods spaced out on the trace to cover more ground.i keep the rod low in the rest to try and keep it all on the sea bed.

i usually do alright for sole this way.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your responses guys, so looks like we all agree that behind the power station seems to be the favoured spot.

Is it snaggy behind the power station at all or is that generally a clear spot? Is it as good fishing the tide up and down as it is fishing low water? Because due to the time of the tide Saturday i will be there during high tide.

Thorbackflounder, you said about pumping lug there, i didnt realise you could there, do you have to do this at low tide i assume?

Also can anyone recommend any good bait shops in Dungeness? Ideally as near to the power station as possible. I would like to get some lug but don't really want to buy them where i live as they may blow on the way to Dungeness (its quite far for me).

Cheers,

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Thanks for your responses guys, so looks like we all agree that behind the power station seems to be the favoured spot.

Thorbackflounder, you said about pumping lug there, i didnt realise you could there, do you have to do this at low tide i assume?

Cheers,

Depends how long you can hold your breath mate!!:bb::bb:

G

·
fishing the tide down at dungy is usually the worst time.

richardsons wet fish shop is a place u can get bait.

maybe someone has the number??

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
fishing the tide down at dungy is usually the worst time.
??
To be honest I think the down tide is better espically in the winter at the point. Also round the back of the powerstation I have caught a 8lb bass on the down tide, so I wouldn't knock it.
Elliot

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be honest I think the down tide is better espically in the winter at the point. Also round the back of the powerstation I have caught a 8lb bass on the down tide, so I wouldn't knock it.
Elliot
Thanks again for your inputs guys. I guess like most venues different tides produce different results at different times. Because of what time high tide is i will be fishing it up to high tide and part of the way down so i will see what happens.

Does anyone know if the weed is still bad there? Thats something im hoping is gone.....:whistling

Is fishing behind the powerstation relatively clear snag-free ground?

Thanks for the name of that fishing shop Dave, i will look that up and see what they have. Any other trusted bait sources in the Dungeness area people know of??

Will

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fished dungie yesterday.

The weed was a joke until the last 2 hours of the flood when it let off substantially.

The fishing was pants however as it was blowing a hoolie and making it very, very rough down there.

All we caught were pin-whiting (which were livebaited of course) and that was it.

Amazed me that the tinsel chuckers were sticking to it in very coloured water, that was very rough, and with a casting distance of 17 yards or so with the wind they were chucking into!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know of a decent cottage to rent (Weekly)in the immediate area. I would fish 24/7 but my other half needs a comfortable base or I am on my own for the week. Actually, thinking about it that does not sound too bad :whistling

Thanks
Skiptonian

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fished dungie yesterday.

The weed was a joke until the last 2 hours of the flood when it let off substantially.

The fishing was pants however as it was blowing a hoolie and making it very, very rough down there.

All we caught were pin-whiting (which were livebaited of course) and that was it.

Amazed me that the tinsel chuckers were sticking to it in very coloured water, that was very rough, and with a casting distance of 17 yards or so with the wind they were chucking into!

Hmmm, i am really not sure what to do now, i would love to fish dungie but if the weed is going to be a problem is doesnt sound too appealing.....

Where else could i go, would Deal beach be a better option?? Or Hythe??....:wallbash:

Will

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know of a decent cottage to rent (Weekly)in the immediate area. I would fish 24/7 but my other half needs a comfortable base or I am on my own for the week. Actually, thinking about it that does not sound too bad :whistling

Thanks
Skiptonian
Sorry Skiptonian, i am not sure what to advise about this, one of the other guys may be able to help you though......or as you say.....sometimes its nice to have some alone time....:whistling

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
will,stick to dungie mate if ur after a sole or 2. but fish over low water,probably 3 hours either side. fishes best just as the sun goes down behind the power station. im going down sunday with my mate,and dave oldman is also going with hes mate if u wana join us. weather is good friday sat and sun for dungie. get urself a few blacks and fish 2 hook flappers at varied distanced,small hooks,you`ll be fine.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts

Thanks
Skiptonian
Have you thought about a static caravan at Romney Sands Caravan Park?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.