World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
The cod have arrived early this year.There has been plenty of fish caught up to 19lb so far and it should get better.I usually fish dunge a couple times a month when the cod are here but due to lack of work a couple of regulars have dropped out.I will only book the best tides and only use a select few skippers.Any decent boat anglers interested in a trip out please pm me or reply and we can sort out a cod or some.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
if you havent already booked you might struggle to get a boat now as i no one skipper is booked up fully til xmas , the tides dont seem to matter at the mo with cod showing on the flood /ebb/slack / neaps / springs >>> . i think its more the quality of you bait and the size of the bait that will produce :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Any decent boat anglers interested in a trip out please pm me or reply and we can sort out a cod or some.
Thats me out the frame then

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the advice from some people,its not needed, i am booking trips and thought it will help anglers get angling.tides do matter and there are plenty of spaces ,if u r in the no.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
thanks for the advice from some people,its not needed, i am booking trips and thought it will help anglers get angling.tides do matter and there are plenty of spaces ,if u r in the no.
mate i have fished the waters around dungie more years than i can remember . probably caught more cod than you have had hot dinners , tides dont matter , fishing the correct baits to the conditions does . i was mearly pointing out what a few of the local charter skippers had said when we had been talking .

if your that keen to help why are you asking for decent anglers not just asking for anglers who might be interested in going afloat descriminating against lesser anglers ???

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
In many years of charter boat experience (25+) As a paying customer. I have come to the conclusion that (1) Some of them don't give a tinkers cuss And are only after the £££. And (2) There are the skippers who will chance it. And (3)
there are the guys that know where to park the boat and catch plenty of fish. In all this time I have only found one
Skipper that can do this on a regular basis. :thumbs::thumbs::clap2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Interesting reading this, Im a relatively novice angler and would love to try cod boat fishing but it's for fear of being embarrassed and catching sweet f all amongst all the pros that has put me off booking on an individuals day trip

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Interesting reading this, Im a relatively novice angler and would love to try cod boat fishing but it's for fear of being embarrassed and catching sweet f all amongst all the pros that has put me off booking on an individuals day trip
all you need is a 15/30lb class rod a half decent reel , decent braid 30lb , leads from 8oz up to 2lb a 6ft flowing trace , some 8 to 10/o hooks , and some nice fresh cuttle :) . know just add boat and cod :) , if you book a trip always ask the skipper what baits /rigs weights etc , never be afraid to ask . even good anglers are still learning something new when they go fishing !!!. if you need any help just put a post up or give me a pm :clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Dont let it put you off, ask the Skipper what you will need to bring, copy the others crew-members rigs, use the same bait and if your gears down there you have as much chance as the self proclaimed "pros" of catching a Cod. Just set your drag and dont bully the fish up to quickly you will be fine.

P.S. Dont let the so called "pros" make catching fish sound over-complicated, its not, in fact its easy hauling them in. Its finding them in the first place and putting the boat on them thats the hard part, and thats the Skippers job so relax and enjoy your trip. Good luck, Rob

·
Registered
156 Posts
I recently took my other half deep water drift fishing while in Cornwall on holiday, she knew nothing about fishing but she listened and learnt a lot in one day and put us boys to shame by taking 5 of the biggest pollock on the boat and a bag of other species including a John Dory.
Dont be put off if you know nothing just ask like other say, did my girl no harm and now shes banging on about me finding a boat to take her out on again as she now wants a cod.
Quite pleased a male thing and I've convinced her i cant find a female friendly skipper as she will just show me up again
Fish Fishing Cod Bass Recreation

1 - 20 of 24 Posts