World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i new to this fourm.went mackerel fishing 2 weeks ago and had about 20. i also had 2 mullet on the lures,this was off dungenees.has this happend to any one else?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
mullet on feathers is a new one on me mate....had hundreds of mullet but never on feathers and never heard of any either!!! you sure they were mullet???

jay

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i been sea fishing for over 30 years.i had 1000 of whiting .they were golden grey mullet.the ones with the yellow spot on the gill cover.i think it is a bit odd:confused:

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Hi Jota (wern't they big throbbin' Italian things back in the seventies and eighties?) and welcome, golden greys caught on lures are not unusual, Hampshire and Sussex estury anglers target them using small spinners like mepps tipped off with a maddie or two, what is a little unusual is getting them off Dungie, had them in the Rother up as far as Iden lock and up the Stour at Stonar, but not off Dungie beaches, having said that We used to catch lots off Lancing and Worthing beaches many moons ago in match's. Well done mate, cheers, mick.

·
Registered
12,606 Posts
I bet it was a shad?
Err Maybe. But as the guy has said He has a good idea of what a Golden Grey looks like. He You and I have over 90 years of sea angling knowledge Between us. Am not doubting his claim Cos have had Golden Greys at Galloways and Jurys Gap over the past 3 years. Not a million miles from dungie. Yes there are Shad about too But mostly FOULHOOKED by the Mackie chuckers who dont know one fish from another. (ps Squidders am not for one moment suggesting that you are in the same bracket).

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
sorry if i doubted you mate seems that mullet on feathers is not as rare as we think!!!!! the pic of fishy robs mate holding a feather caught 4 1/2lber is pretty damning!!!!
not a method i will be trying myself as prefer bread or mackkie for my think lips lol

good to hear about thin lips in the rother...would like to hear more oif anyone got any info would love to hear it as never had a thin lipped YET

1 - 17 of 17 Posts