World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon ladies and gents,

Not posted for a while mainly because of a never ending house move plus the cost of bait and petrol. Well we’ve moved now, and seasalter is not far from me and there is some great worm to be had there with a little effort. That’s the bait sorted, and because of the wind today we decided Dungie on the lifeboat side would be a good bet.

Gratuitous fresh blow lug shot:
E4E68C40-2F0F-470A-8C95-60B5DCF7B88B.jpeg

Got to our venue two hours before high, there was some nice colour in the water and as the wind was blowing over our shoulder it was comfortable. Two rods out, one close in flapper and a clipped down loop further out.

BC0EC821-E688-4E76-8272-A3696EA23641.jpeg

About 30 seconds after putting the distance rod down, whilst pouring my first cuppa, a lunging bite resulted in this smashing schoolie. A good start!

139BE831-9640-4C04-9578-16E77E8A717D.jpeg

This one was lip hooked and swam away strongly. Rebaited and flicked it out 80 yards and settled down for that cuppa - which had to wait as the close in rod was pogoing in the rest! This fish felt a bit better and sure enough it went 45cm. Unfortunately it was deep hooked, but as sizeable it came back with me and will make an excellent couple of meals for wifey and I.

FABD0A4D-FF21-4132-8017-B1E906985343.jpeg

Around slack water packs of doggies came on the feed, all good fun and they put a bend in the rod so fine with me. Some of them were pretty big but on this occasion I couldn’t be bothered with the skinning so they all went back.

F38FCC24-9F57-4882-9090-1D0A101579D4.jpeg

Quite a few more schoolies were landed but two hours after high the bites dried up. Coupled with a few inexperienced anglers setting up a bit close and casting their feathers close to my line, it was time to go.

Now I’ll be spending a lot more time locally because of cost but I do love Dungeness, it’s a great venue even if the glory days are over. So a thoroughly enjoyable session and a perfectly fresh wild bass for dinner to boot.

0244A24D-6E37-43F4-8D97-4BFACABDF095.jpeg

Cheers,

Robert

G

·
lovely jubbly....I think dungy has had it glory days but now and then it does produce something unexpected that’s the joys of dungy you just don’t know sometimes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The glory days of giant cod may be gone, but lots of reports like yours catching Bass from Dungie, they are definately returning in greater numbers than recent years, but whenever i try a session at Dungy its always a poxy Dog fest!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Good session, good report, good photos and a good meal. Well done all round.

:happydance::rofl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts