World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

never fished dungeness before, and i am looking to go there tomorrow (sunday) for the evening tide. just after a bit of advice really,

where i can park?

how far do i have to walk from my car (not being lazy, i just have a bad knee atm which plays up sometimes).

where are the better fishing spots?

cheers all

marc

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
hi marc if you see the thread dungie 25.07.2008 this will tell you wats being caught and on what as for parking theres plenty by the gate behind the old lighthouse and oposite the britannia pub but im afraid there is a walk to the beach from both these spots though the britianna pub option you do have a wooden walkway that helps as opposed to walking across the shingle hope this helps m8 tight lines

G

·
go into seagull tackle,greatstone i think.see tony in there and u can join the dungy club which get u a key to a barrier where u can fish the point more or less from yer motor.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
go into seagull tackle,greatstone i think.see tony in there and u can join the dungy club which get u a key to a barrier where u can fish the point more or less from yer motor.
thanks dave forgot about the concrete road bit but then i have been up for 48hrs lol and membership is only a fiver too :giveup::notworthy

·
Registered
650 Posts
And when youre in there tell him that Graham wont be using his bait again as it attracts too many whiting, ha ha .:busted_co

·
Banned
755 Posts
hey all

never fished dungeness before, and i am looking to go there tomorrow (sunday) for the evening tide. just after a bit of advice really,

where i can park?

how far do i have to walk from my car (not being lazy, i just have a bad knee atm which plays up sometimes).

where are the better fishing spots?

cheers all

marc
Hi sparky,
If you got a bad knee bud, would suggest drive past the lighthouse and the brittania pub to the end of the road. Park up and walk along the concrete road along the power station boundary wall to your left. At the end of the 'straight' walk across the pebbles to your left avoiding climbing the BIG pebble bank, the sea is in front of you. I would consider this one of the easiest and shortest routes to the sea.
May see you down there.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
And when youre in there tell him that Graham wont be using his bait again as it attracts too many whiting, ha ha .:busted_co
hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that sounds familiar lol:g::g:

·
Banned
755 Posts
hi boys, come on down!
Tonights the night, the Sole WILL be out to play, i am absolutely convinced of it.:yeah: A humid 'close' night last night, a balmy stormy still day today, with just the slightest Southerly with dusk 2.1/2hrs after HW. Dunge, here i come. 5score of black, dug Thursday, in perfect 'sticky' condition. Its gonna happen tonight. For those sitting at home or working etc, suggest you pull out all the plugs and get on down there. :thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
hi boys, come on down!
Tonights the night, the Sole WILL be out to play, i am absolutely convinced of it.:yeah: A humid 'close' night last night, a balmy stormy still day today, with just the slightest Southerly with dusk 2.1/2hrs after HW. Dunge, here i come. 5score of black, dug Thursday, in perfect 'sticky' condition. Its gonna happen tonight. For those sitting at home or working etc, suggest you pull out all the plugs and get on down there. :thumbs:
leave some for us mate....just managed to arrange last minute bait and got a pass from the war office for 2nite !!

·
Banned
755 Posts
will be back of the power sation somewhere mate , if we can get in. hope 2 b there at about 6-6 30.
Will be heading for the same bud, somewhere between 1st & 2nd birdwatching sheds. Probably be a few fluff chuckers about but reckon it be ok as dusk draws in. Am confident about the Sole tonight :yeah: Oh, and of course, the Whiting. :schmoll:

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
have a good one tonight boys hope it turns out to be a sole full night small hooks small baits =big soles close in captin :thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Will be heading for the same bud, somewhere between 1st & 2nd birdwatching sheds. Probably be a few fluff chuckers about but reckon it be ok as dusk draws in. Am confident about the Sole tonight :yeah: Oh, and of course, the Whiting. :schmoll:
Sure there will be a bit of feathering going on as you say mate, so not unduly worried about missing top of the tide, but the air feels right for sole at dusk...fingers crossed anyway! Have a goodun bud, may bump into you when the tinsel clears lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts