World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i'm not from your part of the world but was wondering if there
has been any sign of the codling down dung????
any help would be great...

many thanks puddle man.....:wheelchai

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Be a fair few more when this wind eases up. But personally, I like Dungy the other side of Christmas. I reckon that Feburary see's the cream of the fishing along there, and the fish are fat with sprat!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi puddle they have just started showing at sandwich so it usually takes about 2 weeks after till they show at the dunge, so next set of big tides should be about right. JJ

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi puddle they have just started showing at sandwich so it usually takes about 2 weeks after till they show at the dunge, so next set of big tides should be about right. JJ
hi lads from s wales her could any 1 tell me wer the sandwich is pls wer thinkin of comming down a few times this winter any help much aprieciated thnks

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Hi Puddle me old china!, heres the full sp- dungie has seen a few codling in the 2-3 lb bracket last week or so, also reports of a 12lb over the weekend,as yet not confirmed, one or two at denge, redoubt (Hythe ranges)over low water last weekend saw a lad have 3 about 3lb, Sandwich bay has just started to produce a couple in the last few days, admiralty pier saw a good few over the weekend and Hythe saw its first couple yesterday. With the blow dying away tommorow, bit of colour in the water and making tides this weekend i would expext to see hythe ranges fish well as the coddling come in to feed on the shrimp and 'blown out' shells,especially over the low water, cheers ,mick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Puddle me old china!, heres the full sp- dungie has seen a few codling in the 2-3 lb bracket last week or so, also reports of a 12lb over the weekend,as yet not confirmed, one or two at denge, redoubt (Hythe ranges)over low water last weekend saw a lad have 3 about 3lb, Sandwich bay has just started to produce a couple in the last few days, admiralty pier saw a good few over the weekend and Hythe saw its first couple yesterday. With the blow dying away tommorow, bit of colour in the water and making tides this weekend i would expext to see hythe ranges fish well as the coddling come in to feed on the shrimp and 'blown out' shells,especially over the low water, cheers ,mick
hi mick,
you are a mind of infomation mate!,thankyou very much from
the bottom of my bucket....:notworthy:notworthy
are you not coming over to fish my match on the 13th sept at
shoreham???
would be nice to beat you..sorry meant meet you!!!:kissing:

all the best mate puddle man....:cold:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
hi lads from s wales her could any 1 tell me wer the sandwich is pls wer thinkin of comming down a few times this winter any help much aprieciated thnks
hello mate, surely you must have some cod fishing closer to home!?!

anyhow sandwich is between deal and ramsgate, do a search on google maps/earth and all will be revealed, as with anywhere you need the right conditions for it to produce, i would hate for you to drive all that way and not get your fish.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
As Wolfgang, concerned about the mileage as I think there are far better places than Sandwich. Drive due East from your home and you will find yourselves in the cod thick county of Suffolk, with Aldeburgh and Orford Ness being the place to aim for, and big tides the time to arrive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hello mate, surely you must have some cod fishing closer to home!?!

anyhow sandwich is between deal and ramsgate, do a search on google maps/earth and all will be revealed, as with anywhere you need the right conditions for it to produce, i would hate for you to drive all that way and not get your fish.
thnks but for the last 2 years cod as been crap on s wales coast we just wanted a few weekends

·
Registered
51 Posts
As Wolfgang, concerned about the mileage as I think there are far better places than Sandwich. Drive due East from your home and you will find yourselves in the cod thick county of Suffolk, with Aldeburgh and Orford Ness being the place to aim for, a tides the te to arrive.[/QUOTE

cheers mate for advice never now they mite show up her well c thnks again

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
the last couple of years weve found dungy to fish alot better before christmas by a mile, we done it around 3/4 times nov/dec and the best we done was 28 codling in a sess, we also done it 3/4 times after chrimbo but the best we done was around 3 each. ill be heading over there earlyier this year maybe begining of october on the bigger tides.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I dont really think the early/late season at Dungeness has much to do with the quantity of fish caught. The conditions leading up to your trip has more bearing on what you will catch. Big tides and churned up coloured water will produce from Oct to March. Flat clear conditions will see shedloads of whiting instead of the codling.

The current blow will see a few early arrivals, but if it had remained calm and clear, i doubt many would have shown yet.

Raider.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts