World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be fishing dungeness this weekend around the power station, would any one know what i would expect to catch so i can sort my rigs and bait.

many thanx

B

·
0 Posts
Not heard of much coming out at the moment just the usual small stuff,so two or three hook flappers/clip down rigs with size 2 up to 1/0 hooks will be your best bet.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the info, will post when i have fished the venue.

just one more question, is the are marks i should look out for.

thanx

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers ketagler

looks like you was right. two of us fished the beach by the power station forom low to high along with other anglers as far as i could see.

was rewarded with a total blank and Jo only scraping a rockling to take victory (yet again). did not see any fish come out at all.

thanx for the advice guys

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sad state of affairs mate.
I might try Denge this week, will let you know how I get on.
Did you fish daytime or night? Daytime is usually useless.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah mate fished the daytime tide, will be taking your advice and not rushing to fish the day in a hurry.

also fished pevensy bay above eastbourne on bank holiday monday, same results....Nothing.

thanx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Blimy, it gets worse! What have we got to do to catch a bloody fish these days?
I have been looking at reports on two forums, and the fishing all around the country is dire! I have never known it so bad. It' getting serious mate. There should be more fish around than this. Something is very wrong.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Kentangler, you have to put the blame squarely on Gusangus! since he posted the "Labour Party's Angling Charter" on the forum, catches have been terrible, its got to the stage that even the fish dont believe that lying "toerag" Tony Blair!
When he & his cronies start suggesting that they are going to protect our "recreational" fish stocks, the fish aint daft mate, they know that under his protection they are in real trouble!
They've legged it to French & Spanish waters where they are safe, cos all of them are trawling & gill netting over here!
Case proven! Scientifically deducted! Logically derived at, Gusangus is firmly to blame for the whole thing!!!!!!
blueskip

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont know what the problem is really fished dungeness in the winter and was plagued by whiting and dabs. may be it is just me losing my touch.............

i will be fishing my regular haunt of Angelsey this weekend, probably saturday. will post and let you know if i manage to hook into an illusive fish or not.

thanx

·
Registered
12 Posts
the last 3wks have been scratching tactics!

cooden- dogfish, bass, flatties, pout, rockling on lugworm baits 60-80yrds out on evening tides.

hastings-flatties, rockling and pout on any state of the tide off the hastings old town where the fishing boats launch. lugworm baits 40-120yrds.

rigs- single fixed paternosters, 5oz gripped leads single lug baits clipped down.

been real quiet. been hunting bass for the last 3wks, only had 3 and lost one, all from cooden. no sign of them in hastings as far as i can discover. even the peelers were hard to come by.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Personally I think Blueskip is right although blaming Gus is a bit like shooting the messenger I'm going straight to the top where's my coat I'm going to vote Green Party or Plais Cymru or something come on gang lets mobilise and get this shower out

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fished Denge today for six hours. Two rods and multiple baits. Not even a bite. No other anglers there either, just piles of rubbish and litter left behind by the dirty bastards. Dozens of beer cans, bottles, carrier bags. Would you believe, some pratt filled 15 Tesco bags with shingle, tied them up, and left them all over the place. it looks like a council tip. Won't be going there again, makes me sick. They can wallow in their own crap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts