World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at going to dungoeness tommoz for the first time from Hastings by boat , 4 meter rhib and 40hp , any adivice on fishing and safety would be good, I'm not talking about flares and life jackets more tides and obstacles etc. I'm hoping for cod obviously , theres a gap in the weather which according to you lot means they may show through the whiting. whats a simple rig to use ? I want to keep everything simple as possible. I dont really care what I catch , as long as its bass and cod!

LOL

·
Registered
648 Posts
im launchin off dymchurch beach about 10ish tomorrow high tide will be around 3.30ish tide does run strong around the point and we were using 2lb leads last week, so hope your anchor is up to std n your need a good 300ft of rope as the water is 100ft+ a few cod about n my mate had a nice 9lb bass there, most on lug n cuttle rigs are running ledgers with pennel hooks 5/0 or 6/0s hope you have a good day mate :thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im launchin off dymchurch beach about 10ish tomorrow high tide will be around 3.30ish tide does run strong around the point and we were using 2lb leads last week, so hope your anchor is up to std n your need a good 300ft of rope as the water is 100ft+ a few cod about n my mate had a nice 9lb bass there, most on lug n cuttle rigs are running ledgers with pennel hooks 5/0 or 6/0s hope you have a good day mate :thumbs:
Thanks mate, I'm a bit late but thanks anyway. I think I'm a bit under tackled to go out like that. 3lb lead and what? A telegraph pole and a gaff on a bit of rope? I used to use size 22 hooks 1/2lb line and size 12 dust shot. For roach and rudd n all that old muddy crap. Sorry coarse fish, nuff rispec, many good times had coase fishing.

G

·
19 mile an hour winds gusting to 24, in a 4 metre rib, from hastings to dungie and back in a n/easterlie, GOOD LUCK, dont forget the water proofs.

Seriously, i would think twice about it if i were you.

G

·
Sorry, just seen that this was posted a few days ago thank god.

Did you go and how did you get on ?

Rob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.