World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not so much a fishing trip as a comedy farce.
Got down there with father in law and mate about 9am, just setting up when a chap comes up and asks if i i can give him a tow with my 4x4, it seems that the do not drive on the shingle signs mean dont drive on it to far and in testing out how far this was he had got his fully loaded renault traffic to sink up to the axles, but it's o.k he says i've got a tow strop, hmm tow strop must be a new term for a 1in wide rachet strap, lucky for him i carry a proper recovery rope and soon had him out and was rewarded with six bottles of beer :clap2: .
Anyway back to the fishing, by midday not a bite between the three of us, we had lost about 7 lots of tackle due to the tide rolling the shingle over the end tackle and burying it makeing it impossable to leave it out for more than 10mins at a time.
Decided to have lunch but first had to find shop that sold superglue as father in law had been pulling knots tight with his teath and snapped his dentures in half, got back from shop decided to have bottle of beer to calm down, no opener, used edge of trolly,smashed bottle,glass in hands :banghead:
After lunch tried some spinning with carp rod and managed to foul hook a small fry about 3cm long :clap2: a fish at last.
Went back to useing my powerstix and on the next cast saw something fly of my rod and more of my end tackle dissapeared into the wide blue yonder, it seems that a ring liner had broken up and the sharp edge had cut the line, at this point we decided to call it a day :giveup: , got back to the motor and found that my face was badly sunburnt except where where my sunglasses covered so i now look like a very embarresd zorro.
And the iceing on the cake is that my father in law left some squid in my motor and it now smells like suzys undies :yucky: .
So ask me again how my day was :) .
Mouse.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Not so much a fishing trip as a comedy farce.
Got down there with father in law and mate about 9am, just setting up when a chap comes up and asks if i i can give him a tow with my 4x4, it seems that the do not drive on the shingle signs mean dont drive on it to far and in testing out how far this was he had got his fully loaded renault traffic to sink up to the axles, but it's o.k he says i've got a tow strop, hmm tow strop must be a new term for a 1in wide rachet strap, lucky for him i carry a proper recovery rope and soon had him out and was rewarded with six bottles of beer :clap2: .
Anyway back to the fishing, by midday not a bite between the three of us, we had lost about 7 lots of tackle due to the tide rolling the shingle over the end tackle and burying it makeing it impossable to leave it out for more than 10mins at a time.
Decided to have lunch but first had to find shop that sold superglue as father in law had been pulling knots tight with his teath and snapped his dentures in half, got back from shop decided to have bottle of beer to calm down, no opener, used edge of trolly,smashed bottle,glass in hands :banghead:
After lunch tried some spinning with carp rod and managed to foul hook a small fry about 3cm long :clap2: a fish at last.
Went back to useing my powerstix and on the next cast saw something fly of my rod and more of my end tackle dissapeared into the wide blue yonder, it seems that a ring liner had broken up and the sharp edge had cut the line, at this point we decided to call it a day :giveup: , got back to the motor and found that my face was badly sunburnt except where where my sunglasses covered so i now look like a very embarresd zorro.
And the iceing on the cake is that my father in law left some squid in my motor and it now smells like suzys undies :yucky: .
So ask me again how my day was :) .
Mouse.
nice one!!!!! any chance of the undies when youve finished with um as ive got a bit of a fettish at present!!!!!

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Oh dear, at least you got a tan, apart from you eyes LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts