World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Fished Dungey last night behind the boats nearest the point, weed was not an issue and there was a decent amount of tide run. I could only fish from 6.30pm until 11pm so missed the top of the tide.

I am very jealous of those who have been able to fish the day tides as I feel that these are producing more variety in species rather than the Whiting that I was catching. I must have caught between 40 and 60 Whiting. Ranging in size from 27cm to 40cm most were between 14oz and 1lb.

Again tried most tactics but was trying for and early Cod. All baits came back obliterated and tried live baiting too close in for MR Bass and at distance for MR Cod. It won’t be long before they hit the shore me thinks but here is hoping.

On another note a teacher at my school who lives in Hastings told me that there are Cod / codling being caught from the beaches there too.

Hodgey

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Hi,

Not sure you've missed too much in the day time. Fished there last Friday and despite varying the distance cast only had whiting and 1 small dabwhich must have been on speed to beat the whiting to the baits!

Still, unless you get out there you wont catch sat at home. Hopefully soon a few gales will stir things up and a few cod might just manage to avoid the nets and beat the whiting to the baits.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
forgot to say unlucky paul. when we were down there yesterday , through boredom during the last hour i was scavaging for shellfish along the hi water line there were fish bein washed up everywhere including plaice , dabs, flounders,eels and small thornies. all dead. obviously a by catch.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
plenty of bass in daylight :)))))))
Hi Dave

I bloody know that lol, I even think if you fished deeper water during the day you would be in the Cods......

Hodgey

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
will let you no saturday :) . the whiting are still a pain its getting the baits in the right place anglers were catching whiting alll round me , only fished 2 hrs :)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
theyve been having gales down there for a couple of weeks. and theres been plenty of bass coming out in daylight. ????. where have u been lately?
Yes, I had seen reports on here of bass recently but unfortunately on the day I fished sadly none decided to dine on my bait. Was fishing the tide down so might have been better on the flood round by JO's boat possibly. Didn't see any Bass to the left or right being caught either, not to say though that none were caught. Only saw whiting being given flying lessons when being chucked back from anglers rod rests about 15 yards from the surf. Some may think a few dead whiting is no great loss and it is frustrating when trying to get through them but I still think if you don't want to keep it then at least put it back with some care so it has half a chance to survive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts