World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
fished the point at dungie today, got there an hr n half before high, the wind was chuffin strong and there were some massive waves, fished to the right of the point, rough but fishable, just! had small fish from the off, codling, pouting, rockling,whiting and dabs. had a scary moment with the sea, was sat on the beach with the bloke next to me undoing a tangle, there was a massive whoosh and we were both sitting in water up to our waists! bl00dy hell! somehow the imax suit kept me dry but my pockets filled up nicely! :cry: couple of hours after high tide the fishing tailed off completely. glad to get out n was the only bloke there in the afternoon, makes a change to the other wk end when it was rammed! also had a nice little blizzard n hailstorm, with 30+mph wind, that stung like f*uck on my face, was like being peppered with a bb gun!

empty beaches and the clouds rolling in jus before the blizzard n hail storm!

cant tell if thats a lugworm or my eyebrow!!! that rockling looks far bigger than it has any right to!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everyone,
fished the point at dungie today, got there an hr n half before high, the wind was chuffin strong and there were some massive waves, fished to the right of the point, rough but fishable, just! had small fish from the off, codling, pouting, rockling,whiting and dabs. had a scary moment with the sea, was sat on the beach with the bloke next to me undoing a tangle, there was a massive whoosh and we were both sitting in water up to our waists! bl00dy hell! somehow the imax suit kept me dry but my pockets filled up nicely! :cry: couple of hours after high tide the fishing tailed off completely. glad to get out n was the only bloke there in the afternoon, makes a change to the other wk end when it was rammed! also had a nice little blizzard n hailstorm, with 30+mph wind, that stung like f*uck on my face, was like being peppered with a bb gun!

empty beaches and the clouds rolling in jus before the blizzard n hail storm!

cant tell if thats a lugworm or my eyebrow!!! that rockling looks far bigger than it has any right to!
at least you didn't blank (like me on saturday) What bait were you using?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
nice one nick , good to be catching and it must have been nice to see the beach emty for a change, lucky that freek wave did not have you away mate!scary!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers lads, was good to get out, was set up a good way from the sea but had my back to it so didnt see it, luckily me n the old boy next to me both had waterproofs on, although his rod n reel nearly went in with the backwash!

Harvoir- was using local black lug that had been next to the heater in the car for the best part of an hour! the older the lug the better it is there!

·
Registered
32 Posts
cheers lads, was good to get out, was set up a good way from the sea but had my back to it so didnt see it, luckily me n the old boy next to me both had waterproofs on, although his rod n reel nearly went in with the backwash!

Harvoir- was using local black lug that had been next to the heater in the car for the best part of an hour! the older the lug the better it is there!
will remember that the next time i go!

Cheers

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Im going there tommorow, leaving sunny (lol) Southend at 5am. Plan to fish to the left of the points by the boats.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
See us Kent lads arent fazed by harsh weather conditions! Nice one Nick :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good luck trow jassyfa, to the left of the point was unfishable today cos of the wind direction, would have been slap in my face!
cheers whop, perhaps i should have been a little fazed, would have stopped me getting frozen n wet! :cold:

D

·
0 Posts
hi nick,

whats that saying....a bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work!

anyway,good to see you went out mate.lucky you never got washed away with that wave!did u go see barry for your bait?.....dave.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
good luck trow jassyfa, to the left of the point was unfishable today cos of the wind direction, would have been slap in my face!
cheers whop, perhaps i should have been a little fazed, would have stopped me getting frozen n wet! :cold:
So with Northerly winds tommorow where is the best place to fish at Dungie

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright dave!
got a couple of days back that were owed to me. work is highly over- rated! still get paid though! forgot to get barry's number off my pm page! wasnt so bad only got a score to top up the frozen score i had. not quite sure how the suit kept me dry but it seemed to!

jassyfa- if you follow the road until you come to the parking to the right of the brittania pub then go across the wooden walkway, it should be ok there in a northerly.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
jassyfa- if you follow the road until you come to the parking to the right of the brittania pub then go across the wooden walkway, it should be ok there in a northerly.
agree with nick, you should be preety comfortable tomorrow on that side, wind on your back and a sunny day, what more could you ask for:)

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
the only thing wrong with fishing Dungie from low tide up is getting up at this bloody time in the morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts