World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some bait and had a look around on Saturday- no one on the beach back of the power station and no one from the boats to the lifeboat, though it was fishable.

Sunday decided to fish the tide up near fairchance, amazing what the storms have done with a new point behind the boats and an eddy pool south of FC that I thought would hold fish. A couple of dabs and a horde of ting. So much for the bait and fish holding idea. Wind wasn't too bad but it didn't ease as forecast. There was shed loads of shellfish washed up, seriously loads, and the birds were loving it.

Today fished north of the boardwalk. Very nice day to be out. couple of small dab, a reasonable dogfish, hordes of ting and a 10" codling with the fattest belly on a fish I've ever seen. Looked like it had swallowed a golf ball. Hope these codlets remember dungie as a good place to feed when they're all grown up.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Well done Ed, true to your word you got out & done a couple of sessions.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done Ed, true to your word you got out & done a couple of sessions.
It wasn't too bad andy, I fished worse at the start of Jan. Would have been a nightmare for the WDC if people were bring their kids along, but still fishable.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I fished to the West of the boards today. Double and treble shots for most of my 5 hour session. Mainly small Whiting, Dabs and Rockling. Plenty of free bait on the tide line. Managed 8 keeper Dabs but returned quite a few thin ones that weren't worth keeping.

Good to get out in the fresh air

Clive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts