World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after hearing several reports of Hythe throwing up a few Cod it was time to avoid the crowds and snags and try out Hythe for the first time this cod season.

Arriving a few hours before high finding a nice wide spot I sent the 8/0s with cuttles were on their way, not alot happened the odd whiting hear and there, the 8/0s and cuttle doing a good job at keeping the Whiting at bay.

An hour or so after high I noticed one of the rod tips go up and line slacken, so I wound in but felt like nothing, had a pesky Whiting pulled me out, I kept reeling in anyway and suddenly I felt a dead weight on, as it got closer to shore I could feel a good thump thump of a decent fish, then a lovely 7lb cod slides up on the shingle.

Another hour passes and not much else was happening, Whiting very quite could only be a good thing, then notice a bite going on the other rod, so wound into it thinking it was just another Whiting, but this felt like a good weight instantly! and was thumping like a good one all the way in so had to take a bit more time and care getting it in and up the shingle, and I had another cod to join the other weighing 7lb 10oz

And that was that, I was out of bait and needed some sleep before work so home I went :fishing:

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Well done Space, the tides are building nicely now and the next 3 or 4 days should see a fair few more cods caught on this venue, good chance of a big fish towards the weekend.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Nice catch m8, lovely brace there:clap3:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well done, i spent yesterday evening chasing those rascals and got nothing but Whiting and Pouting!

Tim R

·
Registered
341 Posts
Is it just me or do all the reports say fish being caught on the ebb?
Well done on the cod mate 😁

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Top codding. Hythe produces just as much as Dungie, if not more in the right conditions. I was supposed to be fishing RIGHT NOW, until 2 day anglers turned up for rooms after having a few pints in the pilot and decided to stay down. Anyone want to buy a B&B?

I WILL fish tomorrow night though!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.