World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all well those of you that read my last report on dungie yesterday may have noted that things didnt go to plan and was thinking of trying sandgate last night:blink:. well i did and took no.1 son with me this time to the carpark next to the american diner we fished in the first bay on the right next to the rock groin got there at 8.30pm ht was 3.30am so gave us plenty of time to set up in daylight as it was no.1 sons first night trip:icecream:. once we was all set and settled ready to go we sat back for a while and waited for the tide to turn and enjoyed the lightning display all around us but we had clear skys for the time being but this was not to last. anyway we started and fished from 11.30 through to 5.30 and in between laying the rods down for 30 min intervals as a thunder storm went over much to my sons enjoyment at seeing a storm so close we started catching from first cast to last and even when the gears gave up in no.1 sons reel and not having a spare he said we can take it in turns on your rod dad :blink::blink: so we did and he loved it. total catch for the night was 2 eels,1 dogfish, 8 pouting and 7 whiting so not a bad session for no.1 sons first night session he enjoyed himself (hes only 11 bless):clap2::clap2: now he wants to go again as soon as possible so wont be long before hes getting em bigger than me tight lines all

oh just for info the doggie was 2.5lb and 5 of the 8 pout were all pushing the 1lb mark biggest pout ive seen for a long time cheers all

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well done Len .Percy Verance is the name of the game. Nice mixed bag there and the lad was chuffed to bits. When can we go again. I Know I get that from my missus, its great. A mate of mine fished Dungie last night and woke me up this mornin phoning me to say he had a couple of schoolie bass and a 1.5lb sole , and Ive seen the photos as well. Its so annoying, he does it deliberatly.Wind up merchant.Still it does show the fish are there its just the conditions and technique have got to be right . And what we had last last was scary.Couldnt use the carbon rods.
Anyway mate well done and very well no 1 son.........................:busted_co

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers graham yup he certainly enjoyed himself and keeps on at me lol might take him down behind the power station for a night soon and see if we can bag a few of them soles lol you never know he may just turn out to be a lucky charm for me fingers crossed as for the lightning last night we had one bolt hit the beach or as near as damb it about 8-900yards away lol he jumped then thats when i thought this is getting silly and was gonna pack up but then it cleared up for a while nothing after that was close but was well noisey great to watch though lol tight lines

·
Registered
530 Posts
Glad you had a decent night this time RW. You deserved to anyway in that storm, you madman!!!:blink:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you had a decent night this time RW. You deserved to anyway in that storm, you madman!!!:blink:
lol juff well m8 they didnt forcast the thunder and lightning just a few showers they said still it was different i must say and my boy got a result too :thumbs::thumbs::clap:

G

·
good report rag.

i fished dungy a few years back just before a storm.i was reeling in and got a shock off the rod,slung it on the floor a bit quick!

any sign of an electrical storm now and i'm outta there.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good report rag.

i fished dungy a few years back just before a storm.i was reeling in and got a shock off the rod,slung it on the floor a bit quick!

any sign of an electrical storm now and i'm outta there.
crikey dave i think that if i had got anything like that happen then i to would have called it a night :blink: but it was an amaizing sight watching the lightning go around the bay in front of us while above us was clear skys it was when we saw the lightning directly in front of us and watched it coming straight at us that it got a bit hairy :eek::eek: but once that had past it was ok just very noisey lol :bye1::bye1::bye1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts