World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, 20mph SW wind forcast for tomorrow, will that make dungie unpleasant? unfishable? unpleasant but very fishable? or just full of whiting as usual?
anyone know?
cheers

·
Banned
755 Posts
hi, 20mph SW wind forcast for tomorrow, will that make dungie unpleasant? unfishable? unpleasant but very fishable? or just full of whiting as usual?
anyone know?
cheers
Hi les :wave: lol,
Yes, a 20mph SW is a bit of a stiff breeze at Dunge and will probably chop the water up a bit, however it will be fishable with wind virtually in your face, on your right cheek.A SW at Dunge is a good wind. Fish to the left of the 'point' if its too rough for you. This area will give a bit of 'shelter' from a SW. Would suggest that Dunge will be full of whiting after dusk, but you never can tell. Plenty of threads about Dunge. Have a look.
Good luck Les, (dont take the mothering law!! :nono:)

PS Its always windy when i fish at dunge with Gerbillious. God, he's a gassy bugger. :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dungie does get uncomfortable when the winds are high, but like spratdab said, the fish come in with the wind. However behind the boats seems to be unproductive at this time of the year and the back of the power station looks to be most popular. If u can take the winds then its well worth fishing cos you're never sure when that 8lb bass could be lurking in the swell. if not wait a few days and fish when it calms down a bit

good luck!

jim

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's all i need to know thanks, and i can't wait a few days - pink tickets like the tide wait for no man!

G

·
fished lydd and dungie today. no fish about guys. tried distances from a meer lob to full wack _ zilch_zero_nothing_nowt. p[ich your favourite cuz it was crap :( BLANK

will93

G

·
it was strong, at the point it was in your face limiting casting but around towards lydd is was going out to sea, 23mph SW wind.

will93

1 - 9 of 9 Posts