World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a word...don't! Weed from Selsey has decided to live at Dungie.

Off to bed, report to follow.....

5 hours later.....

Right then, where to start?

Pickerd up Squidders and headed down to Dungie to pump some lug and have a crack for a sole. An hour and a sweaty half later we had about 3 score between us when Alex arrived and promptly pumped 5 score in about 45 minutes. "Practice makes perfect" he said.

Smug pump king Alex

"Give us you're worms or you're crab food" we said. 3 score each later we went round the corner and started fishing about 8pm.

Camp Squidders...no offence meant mate!

"I've never 'not' caught a sole from this spot" I said and 20 minutes later Squidders had a keeper about 10oz, but weed was a bit of a pain.

20 minutes later the weed was more than a pain, and anything more than a 20 yard lob brought the lead trundling round within a minute or two as weed coated the line. 10 minutes later and even a 10 yard lob was barely viable.

Alex having caught a few whiting and a silver eel decided enough was enough about 11pm and buggered off home, while we ramained, hoping the weed would drop out as the tide slackened.

We fished until 0130 and as the tide slackened the weed got WORSE!!!!!

This photo is the leader knott after a 5 minute soak at 10 yards. (yes it was worse at distance!).

I had 5 whiting, biggest about 20cm! and Squidders had the sole and a silver eel.

I now have to say "I've never 'not' seen a sole caught here". Well done squiddly, mission accomplished.

With these big tides this week, I'd seriously think about NOT fishing Dungie until this weed runs through.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Unlucky with the weed Si, little tip we used to use fishing Dungie for soles when weedy conditions apply, use 20 lb straight through,no leader, -as you are fishing basically at the bottom of the bank for the soles no distance is required -so no power casting. does not cure the problem but lets you stay out fishing for longer,hopefully enough time to hook a sole or three! can turn a blanking session into a result !:idea::idea:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Unlucky with the weed Si, little tip we used to use fishing Dungie for soles when weedy conditions apply, use 20 lb straight through,no leader, -as you are fishing basically at the bottom of the bank for the soles no distance is required -so no power casting. does not cure the problem but lets you stay out fishing for longer,hopefully enough time to hook a sole or three! can turn a blanking session into a result !:idea::idea:
nice tip mick will remember that one

tight lines len

1 - 5 of 5 Posts