World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.

i have little experience of fishing dungie.
And would like to know if it fishes better on the low tide up or high down,or at what ever state is better at this time of year.

Many Thanks Pigeon

best catch this year The mrbeasts lost leader and weight with a whiting attatched:clap3:

G

·
Well whatever the venue I always prefer to fish low water up,that way if I catch on the up I can pack up and go home,or if I don't catch on the up I can stay and fish the ebb!

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Low water is meant to produce dabs and doggies on a decent tide. Also at low water you dont have to cast so far to hit the deep water.

G

·
low water is best down dungie.i usually fish 2 hr's before low,right over the low and up till high tide then go home.but there are times when the ebb will fish well.

short casts at low water in the summer for soles.....dave.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Are the sole on lug or rag or both, oh im talking about common lug

G

·
jassyfa,

all u need is the black lug u buy at dungie.if the worms are a good size one worm will do three hooks.when there are a lot of sole about they will take commons and frozen black too but small pieces of fresh black is the best bait.don't know about rag though,only really used dungie black's for them.we'll have to have a trip down there in the summer for them.best time is late evening and into the night in july/august....dave.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I find it never realy fishes that well on the ebb, much more a low or a low up venue, you will catch at alll states of the tide but that is my prefrence

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.