World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Started fishing back of the powerstation yesterday at about 11am...merrily catching good sized Dabs/Whiting(& the obligatory pin whit!) until about 12:30pm when a trawler dropped a looong set of nets bang in front of us...prob only 80yds out :(
Shame, as water was a good colour & my mate and i were enjoying having a 'scratchin' comp. Decided on moving to the far end of the bay for a bit of depth round at Sandgate. By the time we got round there about an hr later the tide was back on the flood(what there was of it-only a sml neap)but the water was crystal clear. Goes without saying the next 4hrs was a complete waste of bait & time.Collected our cheque book & pen!
This isn't an anti-commercial moan as i appreciate he's gotta make a living but aren't the boils a no go zone for them? Thought it was maybe a nursery area? Or is that seasonal? Expect i'm wrong on both counts &
it's perfectly legal but would like to know for sure...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hello All,
Started fishing back of the powerstation yesterday at about 11am...merrily catching good sized Dabs/Whiting(& the obligatory pin whit!) until about 12:30pm when a trawler dropped a looong set of nets bang in front of us...prob only 80yds out :(
Shame, as water was a good colour & my mate and i were enjoying having a 'scratchin' comp. Decided on moving to the far end of the bay for a bit of depth round at Sandgate. By the time we got round there about an hr later the tide was back on the flood(what there was of it-only a sml neap)but the water was crystal clear. Goes without saying the next 4hrs was a complete waste of bait & time.Collected our cheque book & pen!
This isn't an anti-commercial moan as i appreciate he's gotta make a living but aren't the boils a no go zone for them? Thought it was maybe a nursery area? Or is that seasonal? Expect i'm wrong on both counts &
it's perfectly legal but would like to know for sure...
that dont sound good for me tonight then?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts