World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Fished Dungeness yesterday afternoon/evening with my dad and a couple of mates.got there about 2pm and went and found a spot behind the powerstation near the 1st bird watching hut and set up to try for a sole or two.the tide was just starting to ebb which is about the worse state of the tide to fish but we got there early to make sure we got in where we wanted to be.

There was a few mackerel coming in but the water was far too dirty for them to be about in numbers.but as it was too early for the sole we had a go for them but no luck.after a while we put the sole rigs on and waited for the tide to go out.just as I thought there was nothing about but the weather was nice!

I said to the old man that about 7ish will be the time they start biting if they are there and just like clockwork we started getting into them bang on 7pm!no real big ones but it was nice to catch what we were after especially after reading all the bad reports on here saying the summer this year has been crap etc.

Here’s a few pic’s of some of the fish…

like I said,no big un’s,the best went just over a pound.this was my 1st beach sesh for a good two months and it was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.i had to leave at 8.30pm as I had stuff to do this morning.my last cast I had a sole on and I’m sure had I stopped down there for another few hours there would have been a lot more fish about.

There was hardly no weed either and the wind was coming from the east so I was well pleased with the results.i shall get back down there in a couple of weeks time for another go at them.

Oh yeah,there were a few pin whiting there,some dabs and my mate steve had a nice sized silver eel.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
good report dave just one question m8 at what distance and on what bait did you get the sole m8 . well done and at least the weed stayed away

tight lines len

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
well done dave i was further down towards the diamond you might have seen the flag????**** pore night glad to get home leased its good to see the sole was there and that the way i fished for them was wrong dohhhhhhhhhhh captin soleless:doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
24,893 Posts
Hi all,

Fished Dungeness yesterday afternoon/evening with my dad and a couple of mates.got there about 2pm and went and found a spot behind the powerstation near the 1st bird watching hut and set up to try for a sole or two.the tide was just starting to ebb which is about the worse state of the tide to fish but we got there early to make sure we got in where we wanted to be.

There was a few mackerel coming in but the water was far too dirty for them to be about in numbers.but as it was too early for the sole we had a go for them but no luck.after a while we put the sole rigs on and waited for the tide to go out.just as I thought there was nothing about but the weather was nice!

I said to the old man that about 7ish will be the time they start biting if they are there and just like clockwork we started getting into them bang on 7pm!no real big ones but it was nice to catch what we were after especially after reading all the bad reports on here saying the summer this year has been crap etc.

Here’s a few pic’s of some of the fish…

like I said,no big un’s,the best went just over a pound.this was my 1st beach sesh for a good two months and it was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.i had to leave at 8.30pm as I had stuff to do this morning.my last cast I had a sole on and I’m sure had I stopped down there for another few hours there would have been a lot more fish about.

There was hardly no weed either and the wind was coming from the east so I was well pleased with the results.i shall get back down there in a couple of weeks time for another go at them.

Oh yeah,there were a few pin whiting there,some dabs and my mate steve had a nice sized silver eel.
Nice fishing,small sandeel seems to pick up sole,dont think ive ever caught a sole on ragworm, which seems to be the recomended bait for them.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Nice one Dave ,you got out and caught mate ,good result

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Nice fish, well done Dave,makes a change for somebody to report on some fish from the point,you all are never gonna belive what else came out on saterday night/sun morning-see new thread 'dungie double' coming later today when i download the pics,cheers.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Walked past that same spot at about midnight, A chinese couple were fishing there. They had 1 barely legal whiting swimming around in their bucket & that was all they had since about 8.30, think they were just using squid for bait though. Carried on round to the lighthouse & the story was much the same, spoke to about 8 or 9 anglers & all they had between them was 4 little whiting so looks like you certainly picked it right on the day! Well done..:thumbs:

1 thing I did notice was that for all the cars parked by the lighthouse & the power station there wasn't that many fishing! Perhaps they were all tucked up in their bivvies?::sleep::group::sleep:

·
Registered
262 Posts
A lot of people fish dungie and dont catch flatties because they cast over them.

Will be fishing there thursday myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
good report dave just one question m8 at what distance and on what bait did you get the sole m8 . well done and at least the weed stayed away

tight lines len
hello len,

we got the sole at about 50 yards.i did get a treble shot of two dabs and a sole at about 100 yards though.all fish caught on black lug.bits about 1.5 inches long.

well done dave i was further down towards the diamond you might have seen the flag????**** pore night glad to get home leased its good to see the sole was there and that the way i fished for them was wrong dohhhhhhhhhhh captin soleless:doh::doh::doh:
yeah,i saw the flag mate!

Nice fishing,small sandeel seems to pick up sole,dont think ive ever caught a sole on ragworm, which seems to be the recomended bait for them.
one of the lads brought them sandeel's with him but never caught on them.i just used them to show the size of the fish mate.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good report and i like the pictures:1a:well done ,you obviously know how to bag up on them dover's:1a:I must stop using 3/0 plus hook's and try for a few myself:oops:

·
Registered
842 Posts
nice one mate...about time we see some reports of some sole....iv only had one tiddler this year :wacko: hopefully things start picking up over next few weeks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice one mate, great fish there, gonna have to unleash the old metal booms down there soon!!!!
alright matt,

let me know when your up for a go down there mate and i'll join ya if i can.still doing monday to friday's at the moment but by mid september i'll be doing 4 on 4 off i should think.

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Hurrah,

well done Dave. 3 weeks of weed and it goes on saturday. I took the family for fish and chips saturday afternoon and sat on the end of the boardwalk for an hour watching a bloke ledger a spinner!

Glad to hear the weeds gone, I might go down there this week now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts