·
Registered
1,277 Posts
good luck lee, might see you there. thought you was going last night mate.lol

·
Registered
886 Posts
We went down last night.
Point was busy, boards was busy, powerstation was not.
Infact not only were there not many anglers behind the powerstation, surprisingly there weren't many Cod either!!:schmoll:
Tbh i have come to expect that when i go fishing lately.
I did hear of a 4lb'er coming out between boards and lookout.
We used fresh blacks, unwashed squidy, frozen and cuttle. At range and close in.
Squat apart from the Kamikazee's.
Today is a different story having "as my wife says" ""MAN FLU"".
I feel like S...!
Highlight of the night was unpicking the mother of all birdies on me m8's 6500.
Back down next Wednesday for more punishment..:bleh:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Don't wanna burst your bubble I fished dungie last night from 10pm to 9:30am just in front of the light house with a mate we had fresh hermits lugs frozen dirty squid cuttle blacks we had whitting and dab through out the tide but just before high on a live bait whitting we had a big double figure bass pretty fish she was and we released her for another day and bloke next to us said he had small codling but didn't see it don't think there's many around on these small tides hardly any run and lost 2 sets of gear

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't wanna burst your bubble I fished dungie last night from 10pm to 9:30am just in front of the light house with a mate we had fresh hermits lugs frozen dirty squid cuttle blacks we had whitting and dab through out the tide but just before high on a live bait whitting we had a big double figure bass pretty fish she was and we released her for another day and bloke next to us said he had small codling but didn't see it don't think there's many around on these small tides hardly any run and lost 2 sets of gear
If that was the guy in the florescent trousers to your right he told me the same thing i was to the other side of him for a little while. Those poor little whiting must of been starved as within 5 to 30 seconds of my whole squid/rag baits hitting the water they were on it with no remorse. So I've done my bit for fattening up the whiting to use as live baits. The next person who catches a double cod or any cod for that matter on whiting owes it to me and others for keeping the whiting well fed.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well done m8, and it's real good to hear you say you put it back to fight another day.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Bass of that size gotta be well over 10yrs old and it genetics are of a strong fish so hopefully her young will turn out just as good I ain't greedy I done well with bass this year from 2lb to 13lb most around deal and some off boats so I feel better for releasing her swims fit and out avoiding this trawlers again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.