World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got there about 15.00 and had a cursory look over the shingle by the power station which was enough to scare the be jesus out of me! wind against tide makes for rather large waves! took the cowards way out and sprinted off to the boats as fast as my work van would carry me! set up and within half an hour had a nice little sole around 13 inches long and a decent whiting of 15 inches. oh yes me thinks, here we go, a good day and night coming my way! WHAT A PRAT! tide turned and with it came mountains of weed, and the odd pin whiting...... nothing else. persevered up over high tide and down a couple of hours with pretty much the same, loads of weed and a surprising visit from a fox nibbling on my squid after i'd nodded off! packed up about 03.30 and drove to taylor rd, lydd, as i was going to fish 3hrs up to high tide today. woke up around 6, with a back as bent as julian clary, to the pleasant sound of the rain hammering on the van roof...... i got back home to dartford about 07.30! can't wait to go again! oh yeah, is it ok to re-wrap the black lug i've got left and re-freeze, or is that it for me poor little worms?

·
Registered
88 Posts
its been a poor show down dungie at night mate with all the weed i went friday night and gave up after a couple of hours i have re frozen black before i do it quite regularly and have nearly always caught the the next time just don't refreeze more then once

·
Registered
530 Posts
Unlucky, after the drive Dave.
Last night wasn't the best of conditons was it, but at least you didn't totally blank ;)

As far as the blacks go; a lot of people rate them as a frozen stand by. I always have some in the freezer (half scores left over, picked up bait but not fished for some reason)
Re-wrapping them and throwing a little rock/salt in as you do helps them not to go sloppy come time to use them again (espescially the better size ones)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
dave ithught id let you know you are now in the dungie soleboy club you lucky boy you lol captin bob ps i still aint a memmber to dungie soleboy club but that will change:fishing1::clap:

·
Registered
472 Posts
dave ithught id let you know you are now in the dungie soleboy club you lucky boy you lol captin bob ps i still aint a memmber to dungie soleboy club but that will change:fishing1::clap:
ive had thirty stone of soles off dungie in one nioght mind you that was in three trawls

1 - 5 of 5 Posts