World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows dungie fishing at the moment at night? I have 150 common lug to use and Im looking at fishing either Monday or Tuesday night.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to drive up the road where you need a key, and fish to the left of the road (where I fished in the Essex vs Kent match). I was able to hold bottom there in that match so I should be able to do it agin. Im aiming for doggies, flounders, bass and sole and anything that beats any of my yearly records.
A few questions, are sole catchable throughout the night and is a 1 up and 1 down rig best for sole. Do you need squid for bass or would crab be beter (im not intending to use any crab). Are doggies still around or have they gone.

If anyone could answer any of these I would appreciate it.

D

·
0 Posts
for the sole u want a 3 hook flapper rig with small hooks on it.short casts at low water and i've found the best time is just as its getting dark.u can catch sole right through the night aswell though.i'd try squid and makky for the bass as well as local blacks.loads of doggie's at dover and deal so they should still be down dungie....dave.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Im going to drive up the road where you need a key, and fish to the left of the road (where I fished in the Essex vs Kent match). I was able to hold bottom there in that match so I should be able to do it agin. Im aiming for doggies, flounders, bass and sole and anything that beats any of my yearly records.
A few questions, are sole catchable throughout the night and is a 1 up and 1 down rig best for sole. Do you need squid for bass or would crab be beter (im not intending to use any crab). Are doggies still around or have they gone.

Agree with Dave Oldman but would add that Crab rarely fishes as well as lug at Dungie

·
Registered
2,919 Posts

Are you going tonight? Fancy some company?:)

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Tuesday night would be easier mainly due to the weather reports and Im currently at work with no idea when im goin gto finish. i also need to pick up some squid and rag and a few bits and bobs. Oh and my missus is at work so I have no lunch.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Thats a shame, i am away on business tuesday/wednesday.
if the wind is still from the N E when you visit fish the south side of the ness at over low tide (11.11pm on tues). Either go to the end of the boardwalk by the Brittania and go right, or go down beside the power station.
By fishing the low tide you will avoid the worst of the tide, crowds and pin whiting!

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought fishing to the left of the new road by the boats would be better due tothe tide run? Im probally wrong with this idea

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If i can remember the tide runs right to left on the flood at Dungie and left to right on the ebb by the boats. Is this the same as fishing by the power station.
I have also made some rigs 2 hook flappers with either size 2 or size 4 hooks and some 2/0 1/0 pennels for doggies and bass.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
its not quite like that. the tide flows SW to NE from about half way up to half way down. Then from half way down to halfway up it flows from NE to SW.
Timings depend a bit on whether its springs or neaps and which part of the beach you are on but thats the gist of it. The tidal flow along the beach tends not to be so fierce when its ebbing (going SW).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts