World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been after a double figure barbel this year and been posting my results on here from targeting them at gunthorpe on the river trent. Last two times i have managed seven and six barbel respectively but all around the average size for that stretch (4-8lb). The misus has managed the biggest at 8.5lb although me mate did have one pushing ten before i arrived the last time i went but i still cant land the magic.
I have been reliably informed the size of barbel at dunham are generally bigger than gunthorpe but are fewer in numbers. I understand the stretch is tidal and they hold matches there but thats all i know. I need to know who its run by, what side to fish and can i just turn up etc....And if anyone knows the area well some info on depth, weight of feeder needed and general tips would be great!!!!! Many cheers!!!!!

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Have you tried Lady Pit farm,or willow halt farm,east stoke stretches?.

Willow halt always seems popular with the Barbel lads,and a bloke i know fishes Lady pit a lot,and he sees a few come out there........

1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No not yet dawg but its been on my list for a while but again not got enough info on east stoke area yet to just turn up perhapse you could point me the way forward?
Also been told beeston weir is hot for the barbel but same problem again. Should probably just recce for my self but always like to be sure i am on the right track before fishing somewhere new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts