World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Could anybody tell me how the Dunoon side of the Clyde is fishing ? Also hope to try Loch Long. Do the codling and whiting get into Loch Long and the Holy Loch ? Any info on species, marks, bait and rigs much appreciated.

Cheers,

Maccer

·
Registered
138 Posts
hi m8 was up there for a weeks hol last year in july all i caught was mack by the bucket loads there is a old peir along from hunters quay caravan park it is fenced off u catch a load off there when they are on start off with a spinner when u hit them get the feathers on u will bag up the other peir where the ferry comes in from in is olso a hot spot went down there with a loacal i met we had over a 100 mack in 2 hours they were swimming round our feet this was just be4 darkness fell hope this helps codhunter

·
Registered
423 Posts
Codhunter

What part of the world is Hunters Quay Caravan Park?
I quite fancy a session chasing the mackerel –*my four year old son might even catch if they're that prolific!

Cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
Blenny said:
Codhunter

What part of the world is Hunters Quay Caravan Park?
I quite fancy a session chasing the mackerel –*my four year old son might even catch if they're that prolific!

Cheers
hi blenny its the peir going away from dunoon it gos out for about 200 meters it is fenced off but u walk round the side i had my 5 year old there on it only fishes at certing times u will meet other anglers on it just ask them they tell u the best times to fish it hope this help-s codhunter might be up there myself in july

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi m8 was up there for a weeks hol last year in july all i caught was mack by the bucket loads there is a old peir along from hunters quay caravan park it is fenced off u catch a load off there when they are on start off with a spinner when u hit them get the feathers on u will bag up the other peir where the ferry comes in from in is olso a hot spot went down there with a loacal i met we had over a 100 mack in 2 hours they were swimming round our feet this was just be4 darkness fell hope this helps codhunter
Is that ardnadam pier between ardnadam and sandbank? Am over on Dunoon/Hunetrs Quay in a few weeks and am wondering if that's the only place to go?

·
Registered
258 Posts
this posts been dragged out abit, i like it lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
A few of us went to Loch Long a fortnight ago, was a bit early in season, however still managed a few mackeral, some best spots are only accesable off side of A82, used to be able to hire boat with small o/b do not know if still there, own boat can be launched from ardgarten camp site for a fee,:sun:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fished the loch for 35 yrs the small boats tony hebson once hired out are now no more due to lack of demand.This is great pity as some good macci bashing was had over the years also a lot of good conger were had nothing was wasted all frozen for conger or pike bait.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Plenty of Mackerel all over the Clyde estuary. Dunoon pier, Blairmore pier are your best bet. There are also Dogfish, Pollock and small Codling that will take baits as well as Sea Trout that will take spinners etc.

The Holy Loch is generally poor apart from Sea Trout.

Loch Long has a lot of good Conger as well as all the above. However, the whole Clyde estuary has been hammered by commercial fishing over the years and is not as productive as it once was.

Good luck!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts