World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all heading over to dunoon this weekend for the cowal games,was going to take my beachcaster and tripod and hopefully get some bites round at the holy loch/huters quay caravan site entrance.Just to ask the fishing history at that point if any1 knows cheers gregor

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi there,

Glad you are visiting us for the games. Hopefully weather will improve for us and we can enjoy a good show??

As for the fishing in the Holy Loch - there are a few sea trout falling to toby lures from time to time but not a lot else. The problem is, it's relatively shallow water!!

However, if you head further round the coast to Blairmore Pier they are catching loads of Mackerel, odd sea trout through day and doggies at night.

Same story at Dunoon breakwater although you need to get your fish in quickly as there is a big fat seal that has become a master at stripping fish from anglers lines.

So, there are fish to be had but I would stick to the piers if I were you.

Enjoy the games

Doolittle............... :)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Hi all heading over to dunoon this weekend for the cowal games,was going to take my beachcaster and tripod and hopefully get some bites round at the holy loch/huters quay caravan site entrance.Just to ask the fishing history at that point if any1 knows cheers gregor
dunoon fishing can be slow but you can have a go at

1) toward sailing club
2) innellan pier
3) crazy golf course dunoon
4) coal pier dunoon
5) lazarettopoint ( when coming out of camp site turn left)
on the shore road to dunoon/sandbank. fishing mark is left side of the war memorial, you can't miss it, it's on a right angled corner.

bait; RAG or lug or fish bait
fish; conger, cod, coalies, pollock, and off cores the doggie

your only 30 mins to loch long for conger macky and others

your only 3/4 of a hour from inverary pier for doggies thornbacks macky and others

your only 1 hour 15 mins from loch etive for spurdog and all the others (boat hire available)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts