World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to benacre for a sesh. but as i'm lucky enough to have a mate who has a static home on a holiday park in dunwich thought ide give it a go, the holiday park has access straight to the beach and is away from most fishermen, arrived at around midnight, first sight was not a flat sea but not rough either set one rod up with a pennell pulley with 2x 4/0 sakuma phantom hooks, the other rod was a two hook flapper with 1x1/0 phantoms on each snood, bait wize i was over loaded as i was let down by some one who ordered for 150 lug [you know who you are] i wish people would phone and cancel rather than just not turn up,could have sold them 3 times over, so i had 350 lug dug the day before 35 yellow tails dug the night before and a pack of dirty squid. I always prepare my squid before the sesh by peeling the skin off to allow for maximum leek off then soak them in sardine oil. my partner in crime had already got both lines in the water before i finished setting my first dont know how he sets up so quick, cast my pulley rod heavy loaded with mixed lug and squid clipped to my bait shield 80/100 yards and the flapper rod 60/80 yards, just as i was sitting down to have a rolly, my mate shouted at me telling me i had a bite, sure enough my blue light on my flapper rod had a rattle on, could not work it out as i had only had it in the water for 30 seconds, had a quick check that my pal had not tied line to my pod or rod as he has many times before, pulled in to it and it didn't feel bad, gutted to see 2 pins hit the beach, this went on till top of the tide then it went dead for a good hour , when the ebb was in full flow things started happening again, more pins and some better y tings and codlets, then i knew straight away what was on my pals rod when it hooped over and stayed there nodding, yep a codling just over the 2lb mark the git had done it again, good job he is a good mate cause at this point he could have got very wet, not that i'm a bad loser just he does it all the time,he done it on blow lug only and i taught him how to fish, plus tie his rigs, some anglers are born to sniff the fish out, the steam stopped coming out of my ears when he asked me to fillet it and said i could have a side,checked the gut and all that was there was a black gunk,may be pre digested worm, all in all a good sesh with 14xpins 6xsizeable y ting 4xcodlets 0xslugs 1xcodling 2lb3oz all put back safe apart from dinner[codling] and a deep hooked pin that didn't make it.I like the feel of this venue and will be back.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Brineblood.....sounds like you were at Cliff House? I normally fish just north of there down some similar steps......couldn't go this week due to some very sore open finger wounds caused by an allergy of some sort!
Sounds like a good session and you certainly weren't short of bait! Thanks for the report .....and hope you enjoy the codling!

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts