World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a mate decided to have a bash at dunwich for a change and after readin a few reports of a few fish about , and had enough of that weed in north norfolk last time out!!! . We picked up some monster rag from sax and off to the beach plenty of people sunbathing so on went the dark glasses (they saves a slap from their ol man for pervin!!!) . . . . See was quiet calm with a nice colour , the wind dropped after dark and the sea went gin clear again. . We fished from about 6.30pm to 6 am and not a bloody bite all night!!! I did bring in 2 crabs and a foul hooked shrimp!!!. I tried all the baits i had with me rag, peeler, squid, frozen blacks, mackeral , in all the combinations i could think of as well as fishing straight worm over short range and as far as i could put it . . . . . . . Chuff all!!! Back to the drawin board. There were a couple fishin to the left of the carpark i didnt see them catch but hope they done better than us:-(
cheers mike

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
wow it's amazing how the fishing can change over a few tides, it was a bass every five mins for a little while on straight rag at 5-15 yards in bright sunshine the other day. but i must say i've never caught a shrimp on rod and line before so congrats for that :roll1:

·
Registered
60 Posts
lol i caught a bag there on 17th full of biolumanesant shrimp,
dunno if you guys saw them on that tide, I was there sat and bass were biteing all the time as well as couple sole and dab tho one guy bit further up from us didnt even have a bite so really 100meters can make all the diffrence between about 20 fish (thats what i got ) and none from the other guy 100 meters up
also rig made big diffrence nothing on two boom but slapped on one with a lil red sequin and that seemed to help so put sequins and glowing beads on all my lines and that helped lots

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
didnt notice anythin!!! I'd already made up rigs with the floatin glowing beads and sequin's they done the job of keepin bait on longer and away from crabs, the other rig without em bait was stripped in about 5 mins fairly big baits as well . . hope to be out again next week maybe aldeburgh. . . Go and feed the crabs there!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts