World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg
Well I haven't been out for a while so had a wonder up druridge bay yesterday. But when I got there the sea was running abit big to target plaice with northeastley wind. So thought I'm there, so I'll spend Afew hours and see how it goes. Well I had peeler, mackerel, Rag, blow lug and sand eel. Was the last 4 hours of the flood and alovely day. It just didn't happen for me end up with the smallest flattie I'd ever seen. But after just over 2hours called it aday, so still had a lot of worm today, as didn't want waste peeler in the river which I froze back up was sweet as had been in my food flask. So bait to rods up with 2 x 2 hook flappers one with blow lug tipped with mackerel and the other rag tipped mackerel. First cast nice little flounder alright for first cast end up with 5 flatties in just over 2hours. Given the rest my bait to someone down there so it didn't go to waste. Here's Afew photos

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice to see your bait got put to good use and had a few fish. Nice one mate.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Spider wire braid is just OK, loses it`s coating quickly and looks tatty quick. I`m trying Berkley fireline at the moment, but not had the time to do much so I can`t comment yet how good it is.
Keep an eye on your bail arm rollers as they can cut through the plating.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spider wire braid is just OK, loses it`s coating quickly and looks tatty quick. I`m trying Berkley fireline at the moment, but not had the time to do much so I can`t comment yet how good it is.
Keep an eye on your bail arm rollers as they can cut through the plating.
I've got j braid on my penn spinfisher and the spider on the other and seems to fly and a lot thinner than j braid. Let me know how you get on with that braid m8 if don't mind. All the braid seem to lose there colour I've found or I'm out fishing too much. When the cods in I'm out 4-5days aweek so could be that.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I've got j braid on my penn spinfisher and the spider on the other and seems to fly and a lot thinner than j braid. Let me know how you get on with that braid m8 if don't mind. All the braid seem to lose there colour I've found or I'm out fishing too much. When the cods in I'm out 4-5days aweek so could be that.
You're out 4-5 days a week? I'm properly jealous. Fair play to you though. You must be getting to or know some venues very well now. I'd always rate local knowledge and the number one factor in weather or not someone catches. Followed by quality bait. I know ideally it's a combination of things though.

Reactions: Bykerfisher

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're out 4-5 days a week? I'm properly jealous. Fair play to you though. You must be getting to or know some venues very well now. I'd always rate local knowledge and the number one factor in weather or not someone catches. Followed by quality bait. I know ideally it's a combination of things though.
Legs knackerd at moment can't hardly walk, but going away to Spain for Afew days next week hopefully can pull myself together.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I know what you mean I get trouble with mine in the cold. The good weather will hopefully fort you out mate.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
What can i say premoted and catching fish there is no end to your happiness George well done m8 good session i hope to go Hythe on Sat my son John going. Enjoy hols m8 plus its about time u got wheels for that box

·
Registered
335 Posts
It's funny I've often fancied having a go on Druridge bay but it's such a massive expanse of sand, apart from looking at the low tide gulleys and rocks where do you start?
I tend to stick to the north side of warkworth pier and they seem to be digging the sandbar out infront of the old wooden pier at amble. Although piling it on the same side of warkworth pier just 300yds away seems a tad foolish as it surely just work its way back to the same area. Although the excavated area could produce some good fishing. I'm back up home in a few weeks so we'll have another go and see what's about.

·
Registered
824 Posts
It's funny I've often fancied having a go on Druridge bay but it's such a massive expanse of sand, apart from looking at the low tide gulleys and rocks where do you start?
I tend to stick to the north side of warkworth pier and they seem to be digging the sandbar out infront of the old wooden pier at amble. Although piling it on the same side of warkworth pier just 300yds away seems a tad foolish as it surely just work its way back to the same area. Although the excavated area could produce some good fishing. I'm back up home in a few weeks so we'll have another go and see what's about.
As you same mate. Get down and have a look at low tide. Duridge is a cracking place to fish but I've always done even better on Warkworth beach. Had lot of fish there fishing the tide up. Can't go far wrong with rag and mackerel on this beach.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As you same mate. Get down and have a look at low tide. Duridge is a cracking place to fish but I've always done even better on Warkworth beach. Had lot of fish there fishing the tide up. Can't go far wrong with rag and mackerel on this beach.
Might try warkeorth or silloth at weekend, fishing trip in Spain just didn't happening. Never really drink now a days, but went on a mission for 4days over there with Wor kid. Really looking forward getting back out maybe get my first thornback or smooth of the year. Or plaice or turbot if end up fishing east coast over R way.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time mate. The fishing over there is a disappointment compared to here I reckon. I went to west Wales yesterday and had a couple of small bass and a flounder. Never fished siloth let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like you had a good time mate. The fishing over there is a disappointment compared to here I reckon. I went to west Wales yesterday and had a couple of small bass and a flounder. Never fished siloth let us know how you get on.
Don't drink at all at home, must of been atleast 4years. Once I stopped going to the games never been one for in the house.

·
Registered
824 Posts
You'll have a good time up Scotland fishing the lochs I reckon. There's all sorts knocking about in them. I remember an old vid of John Wilson fishing in one which his daughter. It looked good.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Don't drink at all at home, must of been atleast 4years. Once I stopped going to the games never been one for in the house.
Nor me I'm not really one for drinking in the hous at all. I love going to the pub and catching up with people and a few tidy bits of tackle to eye up haha

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nor me I'm not really one for drinking in the hous at all. I love going to the pub and catching up with people and a few tidy bits of tackle to eye up haha
Seems abit windy northeastley aswel what's best tides for warkworth as only fished it once. I parked bottom of golf course the last time but wasn't sure the best place.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts