World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the guys who launch using the ramp at Dymchurch (the one next to the club house).
I have not been down there for a few years, and have been told there is now a barrier across the ramp.
What i need to know is, do i now need a key to gain access to the beach, or is it a none lockable barrier.
Also can some one give me a guide as to how long after high water you can recover safely, ie "on the sand"

Another question is, do people who travel there use there own local tide table and make the adjustment stated on it, as Herne Bay tide table states deduct 1hr 41m to get the HW, but the HW on seagull tackle's site is about 1hr different from that.

Need to know this as the COD are coming, i need to "be prepared"

·
Registered
309 Posts
There's is no barrier across the ramp so you do not need a key but as the cod father says why not join the club forum if not the club proper, it's one of the best boat clubs friendly members with nothing too much trouble and always a good craic.

DDSAC has got an open cod comp on 4th November, why not sign up and meet the lads, pm me if you fancy it.

Doug.

P.S. 3 to 4 hours after the high try the link below for tide times.

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EASYTIDE/EasyTide/ShowPrediction.aspx?PortID=0087&PredictionLength=7

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies so far

Yes was planning on fishing the cod only comp on the 4th, i have fished it twice before and was booked in to fish it last year in my friends boat.

Got myself another boat now with my brother, and we were planning a possable practice trip on sat 13th, that is what this post was about. Just wanted to remind myself about the launch.

Any of you Dymchurch boys out that day ???????

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far

Yes was planning on fishing the cod only comp on the 4th, i have fished it twice before and was booked in to fish it last year in my friends boat.

Got myself another boat now with my brother, and we were planning a possable practice trip on sat 13th, that is what this post was about. Just wanted to remind myself about the launch.

Any of you Dymchurch boys out that day ???????
You won't have to launch yourself on the 4th Nov we do it for you, as for the 13th don't know yet but there's a club comp on the 14th I can arrange a launch for you then if you like but let me know before Tuesday cos I won't be here (late summer holiday). If you still want to go on the 13th check the forum, you can post as a guest and ask there. Tell em Doug said!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You won't have to launch yourself on the 4th Nov we do it for you, as for the 13th don't know yet but there's a club comp on the 14th I can arrange a launch for you then if you like but let me know before Tuesday cos I won't be here (late summer holiday). If you still want to go on the 13th check the forum, you can post as a guest and ask there. Tell em Doug said!
Thanks for the reply Doug.

Cannot do the 14th as got a terrible addiction to tournament casting again, and helping set the court that day.

I will get myself registerd with the Dymchurch club.

Was considering joining the club, but did'nt want to join in oct and have to pay again in feb when your subs are due, something i will look in too as planning to spend time down there next summer.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thanks for the reply Doug.

Cannot do the 14th as got a terrible addiction to tournament casting again, and helping set the court that day.

I will get myself registerd with the Dymchurch club.

Was considering joining the club, but did'nt want to join in oct and have to pay again in feb when your subs are due, something i will look in too as planning to spend time down there next summer.
Have a word with delboy and you might find that if you pay your subs for next year you will get the rest of this year for free. As someone else said, it's a great, very helpful and friendly club that can't do enough for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.